Talk

Advanced search

nice but small gifts to go on a plane.

(6 Posts)
Heavymetalmater Sat 06-Dec-14 06:25:34

My DB and SIL are coming over from abroad. They will only be able to take small gifts home with them and vouchers are tricky as they would have to be redeemable in america. They are both 30 and have expensive taste. The budget would be about £30 each. Any ideas gratefully received. My DB enjoys the outdoors and nice clothes. DSIL enjoys sewing and fashion. They have recently become parents too.

Her - a scarf or a silk camisole, maybe?

jeee Sat 06-Dec-14 07:03:37

Could you do something over here with them as a present - posh tea at
Claridges, that sort of thing?

Mrscog Sat 06-Dec-14 07:10:41

What about a necklace for Sil? And some posh thermal type gloves for DB? (Assuming he does outdoor things in cold temps)

bigbluestars Sat 06-Dec-14 08:09:46

I am in a similar situation. I have my Niece and her OH coming to stay for a tree weeks over christmas- they too live abroad. ( and have plenty money). I will buy small inexpensive gifts or things that can be consumed while they are here. Food, chocolates. gift pack local beers etc.
My nice is a bit of a kid at heart so I have bought her a gingerbread house kit, and will do christmas stockings for the whole family- including all the adults. The emphasis will be on having fun, eating, playing games, outings, rather than the gifts.

bryonyelf Sat 06-Dec-14 08:13:22

Cashmere socks or a scarf for SIL?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now