Talk

Advanced search

help 12 year old ds, no Christmas ideas

(17 Posts)
steppemum Fri 05-Dec-14 11:52:44

ds has a birthday next week, he'll be 12. All he has talked about for ages is a new phone. He is getting one for his birthday. There is nothing else he wants.

I have a few bits, but with birthday and Christmas I am struggling. I need a main present for Christmas, cost about £40.

Any ideas please?

SavoyCabbage Fri 05-Dec-14 11:58:32

I'm getting my 11 year old a watch, a ds game and lego.

Roseformeplease Fri 05-Dec-14 11:58:52

What about something to get him outdoors? Sports equipment? My son at aged 11 got a metal detector and loved it. Phone accessories? Cool hoodie? Voucher for iTunes or Amazon so he can buy some music?

mum2jakie Fri 05-Dec-14 21:58:49

I've bought the Nikko Vaporizr remote control truck as a 'big box' gift for my 12 year old son. (Currently about £35 on Amazon.) It looks great - works on all terrains, even water!

beachyhead Fri 05-Dec-14 22:02:02

A Bluetooth speaker for his room to go with his phone?
iTunes vouchers?

LittleMissSparklyGreenTinsel Fri 05-Dec-14 23:05:33

I was going to suggest one of these but maybe not if he already has a phone.
DS1 is into music and I have got him one of these.

steppemum Fri 05-Dec-14 23:17:04

thanks all.
He does a fair amount of sport and doesn't need anything at the moment. He is past ds and lego sad
He has asked for vouchers from Granny to go with his phone, so he has that covered.

The bluetooth speaker is a great idea (and as I haven't got a clue I can pass that over to dh to organise!

LittleMiss, that second link looks amazing, but, umm what is it blush

nightswift Fri 05-Dec-14 23:23:47

What about some good headphones -seinhesser is a good make and you could get a decent pair in your price range. Spotify subscription?

steppemum Sat 06-Dec-14 21:46:22

just bumping to see if there are any more ideas out there. grin

DifferentNow Sat 06-Dec-14 22:09:50

I bought DS one of these for his birthday and it's so awesome, I've ordered DNephew one for Xmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BFSF6AU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1417903698&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

DifferentNow Sat 06-Dec-14 22:11:03

Sorry - not sure how to do clicky links on phone.

LittleMissSparklyGreenTinsel Sat 06-Dec-14 23:52:02

It's a little DJ 'thing' not quite sure of the technical term. It can be used to mix music like a DJ and 'scratch'. (Yes slight numpty of a mother who doesn't really get it, but this gets good reviews and I think DS will be happy.)

Rivercam Sun 07-Dec-14 00:01:01

No one I is past Lego! Have you tried lego technic or lego architecture?

What about a skateboard or roller skates?

Tickets to see his favourite team? Or a footbAll stadium tour?

Theselittlelightsofmine Sun 07-Dec-14 00:07:56

Docking station with CD player etc

steppemum Sun 07-Dec-14 07:39:46

dh is researching bluetooth stuff, I think he will love being able to plug phone in and play all his music, he has a lot on his phone as he goes to school on the train plugged in!

He really is past lego.
I would love to get him a skateboard, but here they al seem to use scooters and he got a stunt scooter last year.

Love the idea of a football stadium tour, think he would want Man U though and we a quite a long way away!

claraschu Sun 07-Dec-14 07:42:23

Voucher for a driving lesson, available for 11 year olds and up

madwomanbackintheattic Wed 10-Dec-14 06:47:47

Bahahahaha. Past Lego?

Ds (12 last year at Christmas) got tower bridge last year - these are 16+ and not toys - maybe your ds isn't ready for the collector's stuff yet?

This year DS will be 13 Christmas week and is wanting to build his magic decks - he is in two groups a week which are a mix of adults and kids, and has a whole list of cards he wants. It feels a little bit like walking in to an episode of Big Bang Theory trying to source these second hand from comic book shops, but it's a glimpse into another life. Ds got his stunt scooter at 11, and although it's made it out to the skate park a few times, it is mostly gathering dust now.

We can always do book tokens as a stocking stuffer, but we are trying to support more social activities (ds would game all the time if he was given the option). As his birthday is so close, he will be getting a phone for one or the other as well - he was given the option last year, but opted to upgrade some of his gaming stuff instead. He doesn't have an option this year ;-)

Fortunately ds isn't into football lol

What else does he want, mmmm. He's getting a My Little Pony t shirt (from thinkgeek) as most of the teenage boys here are into that sort of comic con thing. Oh, and he's getting a periodic table shower curtain, which his sister's will be mucho jealous of (they are getting a Tardis shower curtain). I suspect they may end up swapping....

There were games and other predictable techy stuff on his list, but nothing unusual to enough to mention (or indeed that he will be getting).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now