Talk

Advanced search

What sits atop your Christmas tree?

(30 Posts)
chocolatereindeer Thu 04-Dec-14 15:07:37

Because my star is rubbish and I've finished Christmas shopping (thanks bargain thread-ers!) so I'm now focusing on wasting money getting some lovely decorations.

MaelstromOfLunacy Thu 04-Dec-14 15:13:43

A Santa hat smile

NorwaySpruce Thu 04-Dec-14 15:18:31

An angel made from a clothes peg - my three year old made it last year, and it survived the packing away/unpacking of decorations fgrin

apotatoprintinapeartree Thu 04-Dec-14 15:22:32

An angel sits on both trees, one of them is 25 now. The other about 2 or3 fgrin

They are still packed nicely in their box in the loft for a couple of weeks yet, until xmas.

TwoLittleTerrors Thu 04-Dec-14 15:23:58

A snow man smile

chocolatereindeer Thu 04-Dec-14 15:24:05

Mael that's different. I was thinking of maybe getting a st.Nick for the tree, but I can't decide if I want a modern looking sorta slimline Santa or a more traditional one.

Aww Norway that's really lovely smile

chocolatereindeer Thu 04-Dec-14 15:24:45

two Oooh where did you get him from?

chocolatereindeer Thu 04-Dec-14 15:25:42

apota have your angels got nice faces? I could never find one I liked!

gamingmum Thu 04-Dec-14 15:49:55

We have a tradition of using a celebrity as our star topper for a christmas pun. Last year was Robert Downtree, this year will be Chris-mas Pinetree or Angela Lanstree.

MrsAmaretto Thu 04-Dec-14 16:10:26

John Lewis have a snowman or Santa felt topper for £4/5

Hopefully Thu 04-Dec-14 16:13:08

A toy cat with fairy wings, bought when DH and I went on a weekend away a hundred years or so ago. I should replace it really - it's tiny and, well, a cat - but I forget every year until tree decorating time and it seems a shame to reject it at that stage.

callmekitten Thu 04-Dec-14 16:15:58

A fairy doll. I'm American and this is unusual here. I have a friend who's parents are originally from England and they say it is common there.

Gawjushun Thu 04-Dec-14 16:18:59

We have Patrick Star from Spongebob in a santa hat. The tradition started long before we had DS, but at least we have an excuse now.

chocolatereindeer Thu 04-Dec-14 17:58:40

I've just bought a little St.Nick from a charity shop in town, he was looking sad in a box of tatty and mismatched baubles. He's lovely, he's got a long beard and gold clothing... He's perfect, but he's not very big, around 7 inches. I'm thinking of getting a large version maybe, or maybe I should just be happy with my little 49p Santa...

DamselNotInHerDress Thu 04-Dec-14 18:24:40

A toilet roll fairy made by the dc about 7/8 years ago. It has photo faces that we alternate so they all get a turn at the top of the tree. Ds was added a couple of years ago.
The decoration itself is pure shite, but the sentiment behind it is lovely so it stays!

RosieposiePuddingandPi Thu 04-Dec-14 18:31:30

A giant gold plastic star smile It's really tacky but it's part of the set of decorations I bought with my OH for our first Christmas in our own home so it holds loads of memories.

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 04-Dec-14 18:33:11

At the moment, nothing blush. We really need to get something...

hazeyjane Thu 04-Dec-14 18:39:48

buttons the fairy (home made and covered with buttons)

berceuse Thu 04-Dec-14 18:50:55

A lovely handmade pagan/folkish style fairy - I bought it at a Christmas craft market somewhere a very long time ago.

ChestyNut Thu 04-Dec-14 18:55:45

Silver sparkly star fsmile

ameliarose2012 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:57:01

We have jack skellington dressed in a Santa suit! I bought it for DH years ago, and he won't even consider anything different now!

originalnamehere Thu 04-Dec-14 18:59:33

Last year, we had King Kong holding our angel with two model aeroplanes suspended from the ceiling.

This year, we're having a punny Irish Christmas 'Tree', which is a massive number 3 sculpted out of wire.
We're popping a leprechaun on top.

We might need to get out more.

NorksEnormous Thu 04-Dec-14 20:13:34

I wanted an angel but didn't like any of their faces. So we got a Santa instead.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 04-Dec-14 20:27:45

this year its olaf dd's choose a fav toy to go on top of the tree. previously we have had sonic and dangermouse grin

curiousgeorgie Thu 04-Dec-14 20:28:47

One has a red star..

One has a gold star...

My Disney tree has Elsa wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now