Talk

Advanced search

I need help with my tree!!!

(11 Posts)
ChristmasBlingFest Thu 04-Dec-14 11:58:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wfrances Thu 04-Dec-14 12:05:04

its not by a heat source is it?
did you cut a bit off the trunk- too let it drink?

ChristmasBlingFest Thu 04-Dec-14 12:37:07

NorwaySpruce Thu 04-Dec-14 12:38:01

We have a Nordman up and it isn't shedding needles at all. Not one.

Are the needles actually coming off the branches, or do you think they might just be loose bits it's picked up in the van etc. that are falling around now?

If it's shedding already, I'd call the tree farm and ask for a replacement. They tend to be quite good about that kind of thing.

ChristmasBlingFest Thu 04-Dec-14 12:59:43

bilbodog Thu 04-Dec-14 13:32:50

sounds to me as if you should complain - I had one, a few y ears ago, that started loosing its needles early on and by Christmas it was almost naked! I should have complained but didn't. I am sure if you let them know they will replace it for you.

ChristmasBlingFest Thu 04-Dec-14 18:57:58

NorwaySpruce Thu 04-Dec-14 19:32:35

We have always brought ours straight in (from Homebase!) at the beginning of December, and put it into a stand that holds water.

We have the central heating on as normal, and don't 'do' anything fussy with/to the tree. It lasts brilliantly right through to the 6th - I think you were just unlucky with your first one.

Are they letting you keep it? It might perk up a bit now it has competition! fgrin

ladybird69 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:42:35

I've had them for years and years and they've never lost a single needle. So it must be a dud tree. Also place it in a bucket of water after chopping off couple of inches from the bottom, I put it up dec 1st and it's still perfect in Jan! My house is really warm too. Good luck with the next one Op.

ChristmasBlingFest Fri 05-Dec-14 06:34:58

ladybird69 Fri 05-Dec-14 23:35:43

If you're putting it in a stand put it in a bucket of water over night so that the newly sawn trunk sucks up lots of water. Then keep stand topped up. Now though I stand tree in bucket inside a garden pot(covered in sacking) it lasts Dec1st-Jan 6th then I put it out on decking and enjoy it til spring!!! Then I chop and compost it down!!! I get my monies worthwink
Happy Christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now