Talk

Advanced search

Present numbers

(40 Posts)
306235388 Wed 03-Dec-14 23:23:34

At a guess how many presents do you think your kids get per Christmas from you and santa not including what I would call stocking fillers eg £2/3 and below items but including items like DVDS which I know some people consider stocking fillers.

No judging..

attheendoftheday Wed 03-Dec-14 23:56:53

I always intend to give about 5.

I have massively overbought and now have able 12 plus stocking fillers. Some are joint presents though!

lecherslady Thu 04-Dec-14 00:55:17

My girls tend to get about 15 items in their sacks from Santa and 5 items from us.

Items from Santa tends to be a mix of... Luxury food items they don't normally get, practical stuff they need and would be getting anyway (pjs, underwear, clothes etc) and some fun stuff like games, dvd, book, cd etc...

Sootgremlin Thu 04-Dec-14 11:42:04

Ds is getting 8 I think, but this is including a parcel of books. We are heavy library users so he gets a stock up of ones he doesn't have to take back on his birthday and Christmas. Maybe the odd one throughout the year. Books don't count do they?! I refuse to count them separately fgrin

It was five originally but crept up a bit after Tesco clubcard boost and lightning deals week on Amazon, I only got things I had been wanting to get but had discounted because of the price.

There is a soft toy on top of his stocking worth about a tenner, everything else in it is under £5.

Dd has about the same, but she is a baby so has more low value stuff.

There is a big box of Duplo for them to share and a board game, these will be from Santa.

They are also getting new pyjamas on Christmas Eve this year, but only because they both happen to need them so I'm saving them, wouldn't have otherwise.

I am finished!

MinnieM1 Thu 04-Dec-14 11:45:50

My kids get 10 each, 5/6 joint and stockings but I never pay more than £10/£12 for the entire contents of the stocking

Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 04-Dec-14 11:47:35

One of mine is getting 16 presents and the other one is getting 14 presents. None are from Santa because they no longer believe in Santa, but he on,y ever bought the cheapy stocking bits anyway.

NorwaySpruce Thu 04-Dec-14 11:50:38

6 ish.

marne2 Thu 04-Dec-14 11:59:15

I don't count, they get quite a few but some of them are things they need like onesies/pj's, clothes, slippers and books ( dd1 reads a lot so I can easily buy her 10 books for Christmas ), they have 2 expensive items each, dd1 has a tablet bought with Tesco vouchers and a cheap video camera, dd2 has the lego mall and sylvanian tree school, all of the other gifts range from £3-£10 each. I try and buy them enough to keep them busy for the year so lots of craft items, books and a board game.

I love Christmas so I do get carried away and spoil them but they don't get much during the year, they probably get 20-30 gifts.

Allisgood1 Thu 04-Dec-14 12:08:25

About 10-15 each.

MummyPig24 Thu 04-Dec-14 12:18:02

Around 6-8.

CleaninQueen Thu 04-Dec-14 12:19:06

DSD has had about £45 on her stocking this year, and about 26 presents including her main presents

insanityscratching Thu 04-Dec-14 12:21:39

It varies tbh this year dd is getting five and then a stocking with bits and bobs mostly because her digital piano, stool and stand were expensive and she couldn't think of anything she wanted.It's usually about ten or so but they would usually be less expensive presents.

306235388 Thu 04-Dec-14 12:26:38

Interesting - thanks everyone. Im just curious - this year my kids are getting quite a lot of presents but that's because neither of them are really getting one really big present iyswim? I'm worried I'm setting a precedent! They're almost 8 and 4.

They get a big stocking with small / inexpensive gifts inc things they need eg toothbrush etc and this year are getting a lot of gifts of the £8-20 variety whereas last year they got bigger ticket items eg tablet for Ds and dolls house for dd.

Lostriver Thu 04-Dec-14 12:32:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yomellamoHelly Thu 04-Dec-14 12:36:37

1 main and 7 or 8 in stocking (depending on child). ILs coming down though so will still get lots too much under the tree.

attheendoftheday Thu 04-Dec-14 12:38:16

I like the books don't count theory! It takes my present number down to a far more reasonable 7 each.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 04-Dec-14 12:43:59

Dd will be three a week before christmas. She is getting one "main" present, a few books, a few new bits of clothes (2/3 parcels), and a few games (dominos, pairs etc). They are from us. Santa will fill her (very small stocking) with little cheapy bits plus the one thing she has actually asked for (a yoyo!).

Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 04-Dec-14 12:45:29

Don't worry about setting precedents because as they get older they will be happy with just 2 or 3 presents.....containing things like a smartphone, an ipad, louboutin shoes grin.
On a serious note though children don't usually remember that last year they got two more presents than this year.

mumslife Thu 04-Dec-14 12:58:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

306235388 Thu 04-Dec-14 12:59:01

Hopefully not and tbh if they dared mention they didn't get enough they'd soon find out what it was like to get a lot less!!!

AdventCaroline Thu 04-Dec-14 12:59:46

I think around 6-10 each. 2 gifts each from us this year, one will be a toy, the other clothing.

5 or 6 or so stocking presents, each costing over £3 grin.

Plus 3 or 4-ish more traditional "stocking fillers" ie chocolate coins, satsuma, cookies, sweets.

disneymum3 Thu 04-Dec-14 13:17:28

My children get 2 main presents, 1 from us and 1 from Santa. In there Santa sack they get about 20ish gifts, all cheap stocking fillers. They also get a stocking of chocolate. From family members they get one present from each family member so roughly about 12 presents.

MummyPig24 Thu 04-Dec-14 13:23:18

We have got each child a "big" present from us, around £35. They have got each other a present £10-20. And then they have a sack from Santa with smaller things in like books, DVD, bubble bath, stickers, pens, chocolate, a few little toys like cars/my little pony and I suppose in total it's about £30, although the baby has less.

ItsBeginingToLookAlotLikeChris Thu 04-Dec-14 13:28:21

I dont know I dont count and I suppose dont have a budget for each child I just buy what I think each would like....

ItsBeginingToLookAlotLikeChris Thu 04-Dec-14 13:32:35

Also I think such a quesiton should be asked of how many total presents from wider family too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now