Talk

Advanced search

ok artistic/inventive present wrappers/giver. i need ideas!

(10 Posts)
StripedOss Wed 03-Dec-14 20:59:30

I have spent an arm and a leg on a very special present for DH.

Its a limited Edition Guitar, and i want to think of something inventive about the way i present/wrap/give it to him.

Its currently in its box, which is full of polystyrene bits, and wrapped in plastic, but i dont want to give it him like that.. i want him to be baffled and then delighted (hopefully)

So.. what do i do with it?

TelephoneTree Wed 03-Dec-14 21:00:58

Take it out, roll it up in a duvet and then wrap that??

BikeRunSki Wed 03-Dec-14 21:05:05

Hide it
Give DH a written clue of where to find it. Could be the first of several clues, like a treasure hunt.

chicaguapa Wed 03-Dec-14 21:10:00

Give him a small toy guitar and make out that's his present. That'll baffle him. grin Then put the real thing somewhere for him to just happen across at a random point in the day, eg the shower, utility room, on the bed. It'll be completely unexpected.

perplexedpirate Wed 03-Dec-14 21:25:05

Can you play? If so you could go 'what's that song? You know la la laaa. You do! Oh for heavens sake...'
Whip out guitar, play song (first dance song? Ooh, I'm getting all carried away!) and present guitar to amazed DH.

xalyssx Wed 03-Dec-14 22:23:00

Put it in a coffin grin

mabelbabel Thu 04-Dec-14 09:49:00

I like chica's suggestion - get a nanoblock guitar for him and wrap it up really small. Once he's made it, ask him if he'd like a bigger one!

LittleMissSparklyGreenTinsel Thu 04-Dec-14 10:54:55

We bought a guitar for DSS once and kept it hidden in a suit bag hung in the cupboard (he was terrible for present searching). could you pretend you were giving him a suit?

itstheyearzero Thu 04-Dec-14 11:07:44

Can you get hold of a box that a vacuum cleaner comes in? Last year my friend opened her present from her husband and was most dismayed when she thought he had bought her a Dyson. There was an i pad in the box! Could be quite funny?

MackerelOfFact Thu 04-Dec-14 11:09:01

Could you wrap it up in the shape of another musical instrument (eg. saxophone, piano, etc) for maximum confusion? grin

Or put legs on it and make it look like you're giving him a table?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now