Talk

Advanced search

presents for grandparents

(9 Posts)
Rockinghorse123 Wed 03-Dec-14 11:06:09

Hello.

Both my parents and PIL do alot for us throughout the year so I would like to get them something really lovely from DS to show our appreciation.

I've already got them each a main present from us all but I want to give something a bit special from DS.

I have a budget of about £30 each. And I've done lots of photo type presents so was thinking of something a bit different. DS is not quite 2 so not old enough to choose himself or make something!

Any ideas?

Tia

LittleMissSparklyGreenTinsel Wed 03-Dec-14 12:16:32

Whilst maybe not old enough to really make something, could you get DS to paint some pictures that you could then photograph and have printed as a wall calendar?
e.g. give him green paint to create something for march, blues for April showers, grey paint for November, gold red and green for December.

ZenNudist Wed 03-Dec-14 12:23:48

Go to one of those make your own pottery then do a handprint mug or Christmas bauble.

I just did tiles where I put dc handprints in green and decorated them to look like a Christmas tree, wrote dc names and date.

You could also do footprint to look like Rudolph

I did handprint baubles for 10mo and 4yo

The 4yo also painted some baubles.

Then they get fired and glazed.

Waitingonasunnyday Wed 03-Dec-14 12:29:44

I've done all sorts of handpainted shite over the years but I suspect a really decent bottle of booze would probably have been better.

Rivercam Wed 03-Dec-14 12:33:03

Theatre tickets

Do they like strictly? Vincent, Pasha etc all,have their own shows at the moment

Vouchers for afternoon tea at local posh hotel or restaurent

Waitingonasunnyday Wed 03-Dec-14 12:34:41

Eek sorry did not read previous replies blush I was not dissing anyone's ideas blushblushblush

I'll get my coat.

BeaLola Wed 03-Dec-14 13:39:55

Could you have one of those laser cut family tree cards done for each side of the family & then frame nicely ? I did a handprnt canvas for my Dad on Fathers Day one year with mine & DS hands printed & he really loves it & also his personalised Emma Bridgewater Bestest Grandpa mug that I arranged for DS to buy him (!).

gamingmum Wed 03-Dec-14 14:22:06

We are doing little days out for the grandparents to have a day with grandchild - one nan is being taken to afternoon tea and the other grandparents are going for a day on the bluebell railway - £30 for two tickets as feel a nice day and happy memories would be cherished.

Rockinghorse123 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:25:06

Thanks for all the replies.

Haven't heard of the pottery places not sure we've got one locally but will Google to find out!

I've got them concert tickets from us (I'm taking DM and DMIL to see take that grin) but it might be nice to get them something else "to do" with DS.

Definitely some food for thought, I knew I could rely on you creative lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now