Talk

Advanced search

Presents for awkward to buy for men?

(5 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Tue 02-Dec-14 20:22:32

Anyone have any good present suggestions, am struggling!

I'd looked at a gift experience for a comedy club but reviews online are mixed.

Ormally Tue 02-Dec-14 23:03:11

You might think it's awful, but having seen a USB fan clock earlier this year I thought it was pretty great.

Some cinemas do a gift box package for 2 for about 20.00, I plan to get someone one of those.

Ponyinthepool Wed 03-Dec-14 14:35:55

A men's health/GQ/ Top Gear magazine subscription, gloves, a good autobiography or a cookbook (like Hawksmoor's, that's quite manly), a fire pit or bio-ethanol burner for the patio, skincare products, naice whisky.

I have bought someone a globe drinks cabinet this year, so I might not be the best person to ask. I think it's an inspired gift but everyone I've told has reminded me to keep the receipt :-(

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 03-Dec-14 14:46:20

I have one of these to buy for, every year he's the last person on my list who I manage to find something for and I spend weeks frantically looking for something suitable. Quite impressed with myself as this year I have managed to buy him the new Popmaster book (he likes playing along to Popmaster in between fixing cars) and a flexi-handle torch with a magnetic end which moves round 360 degrees - thought it might be useful for seeing under cars etc... I think next year I may be back to a Guinness gift set and Wetherspoons vouchers - haha. There's a new Top Gear DVD out if he's into that? Also agree with experiences and magazine subscriptions, but with experiences, check the small print as they're not always as useful as they might seem and can be ridiculously hard to redeem/ only valid for 2 dates in a year or something...

YourHandInMyHand Sun 07-Dec-14 12:03:57

Thanks for all the ideas and sorry am only just replying.

I didn't know you could buy wetherspoons vouchers! grin I've gone for a judge dredd Tshirt and a walking dead comic compendium. He's always last on the list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now