Talk

Advanced search

Tesco Christmas delivery slots.

(16 Posts)
Nessica Tue 02-Dec-14 19:42:43

Can anyone help to explain the Tesco Christmas delivery slots please.

Do we just need to make a random basket now and then add to it nearer the day when all the offers are valid as most currently expire on the 16th not the 22nd when I want my shopping delivered?!?

I've got a slot reserved but only until 9pm tonight so am guessing I need to checkout before then with said random shop. Also, will I be charged now or on the day of delivery?

Google is telling me nothing so hope you lovely lot can help!

Thanks

LineRunner Tue 02-Dec-14 19:45:03

Yes, you need to buy some shopping and pay now, and then you can alter it up to about 24-30 hours before (Tesco will tell you when you have confirmed).

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 19:46:50

You need to checkout with a load of items to reserve your slot. You then can change your order up to 24 hrs before your delivery is due.

So , for example, choose things (even if you don't want them simply to reserve your slot) but remember to delete the things you don't want 24 hours before the delivery date and add the things you do want.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 19:47:51

Oh, and you will be charged on day of delivery, when your final order has been accepted

Nessica Tue 02-Dec-14 19:50:42

You are all amazing!!! Thanks for your help! grin

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 19:51:26

LineRunner - no, I think you are wrong. Payment is only taken when final order goes through. Same as if you were checking out in real life.

Payment is not taken before you are ready, on receipt of final order (which is up to 24 hours before delivery). Please keep an eye on this, though, as it's easy to forget to change your order, then you realise it's too late, and your committed to what you chose previously, even though you might have changed your mind. smile

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 19:52:45

your committed = you're committed (bloody autocorrect)

LineRunner Tue 02-Dec-14 19:53:46

Sorry! I thought they took the money straight away.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 19:54:23

I think what LineRunner means is, your payment details are requested, but they won't be processed until order is ready to be despatched.

tunaandcheesesandwich Tue 02-Dec-14 19:58:16

Yes, make sure you add to it! I once reserved a delivery slot and just added my fruit and veg, thinking I would add everything else to it nearer the time. On the day, the delivery man knocked on the door and passed me one carrier bag of fruit and veg - nothing else!!

LineRunner Tue 02-Dec-14 20:00:01

I don't know what I mean any more. grin

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 20:05:51

grin flowers x x x

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Tue 02-Dec-14 20:08:15

Tuna - ooh, bloomin' hec! That must have been annoying with the delivery charge and all . . . sad

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Dec-14 20:12:07

I do this every year. Fill my trolley with Champagne to get it over the minimum quickly to reserve the spot, then change it for the real shopping later. I am always tempted just to leave it...

Lifesalemon Tue 02-Dec-14 20:39:47

Also, if its the same as sainsburys, make sure that every time you ammend your order that you checkout again. You will only get charged once, as others have said, on the day of the delivery but you must check out fully each time to save your delivery slot.

saltedcaramelicious Wed 03-Dec-14 09:52:56

Like bike I also fill my trolley with alcohol to get me over the checkout limit then amend later. I actually do this every week to get my slot in, then adjust later when I've worked out what I actually need.
One week I forgot to take my slot-holding items out and ended up with some expensive black vodka that I had then return grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now