Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone seen something along the lines of a beer selection box but with maybe a bit more to it anywhere?

(27 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 02-Dec-14 19:09:23

I'm hunting for something for my dp's mum's dp & something along the lines of a beer selection box but a bit more to it would be spot on. I just have no idea what to look for confused

Any ideas? smile

InkleWinkle Tue 02-Dec-14 19:54:01

Have you had a look at BHS website? They're usually good for things like that.

lucysmam Tue 02-Dec-14 20:06:16

I'll have a look, not been in BHS apart from uniform shopping in years! Thanks smile

SwallowsInSpring Tue 02-Dec-14 20:13:50

Look at beerbods-they send the case then every week email a bit about the next beer. And they're on twitter every Thursday night chatting about it :-)

lucysmam Tue 02-Dec-14 20:34:35

Thanks Swallows, will have a look at that too.

cromwell44 Tue 02-Dec-14 21:35:26

I've seen variations on this theme in most supermarkets but definitely Adnams shops, Waitrose and M&S. They'll sometimes be in the gift section rather than the booze aisle.

petswinprizes Tue 02-Dec-14 21:36:51

Do you have any local independent brewers? Our local one does a fab Christmas selection box.

RedLentil Tue 02-Dec-14 21:37:55

Dh is getting this guide to Irish Craft Beer but might not appeal so much to uk-based mners....

MajesticWhine Tue 02-Dec-14 21:42:18

You can get personalised bottles of beer from notonthehighstreet. A bit indulgent but fun.

PulpsNotFiction Tue 02-Dec-14 21:45:49

What about this? I've orders DH one. Home brew but without the equipment. Just add water and a sachet provided? Bit different. You can get it from the brewery direct, they do different ones but their site wouldn't open.

www.lakeland.co.uk/p44118/AllProductReviews?productId=44118&productName=Moonshine%20Four%20Candles%20Bitter

lucysmam Tue 02-Dec-14 22:01:21

Not sure about local independent breweries so will have a google in the morning and see what I can find.

I quite like the homebrew idea actually, maybe a personalised bottle to go with it too.

Oooor, some bottles from Wilko with X's Bitter printed & stuck on to go with it.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Wed 03-Dec-14 04:47:28

I got my dad a set from flavourly I signed up got taster box on offer and cancelled subscription once arrived.

lolalotta Wed 03-Dec-14 05:28:19

Our Waitrose sells local beers, could you make up you own hamper in a wicker basket and stick it in a cellophane bag?

SweetPeaPods Wed 03-Dec-14 05:47:45

How about a 1 months beer 52 box? Or a flavourly craft beer box ?

Allalonenow Wed 03-Dec-14 05:52:11

Ocado have a huge selection of unusual beers, single bottles, to make up your own case, but also quite a few ready made selections, several of them include glasses making it more of a "gift".

RJnomore Wed 03-Dec-14 08:37:58

Lucy the flavour Ly beer box also has some snacks included?

There were codes on the bargain thread, maybe worth a try to see if they are still working.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Wed 03-Dec-14 10:12:17

I would just buy beer from a supermarket (Waitrose or Booths for the best selection if it's real ale that you're looking at) and pack it in a wrapped box or other container.

The gift packs from the likes of BHS/Boots are hugely overpriced and not very interesting in variety.

littleomar Wed 03-Dec-14 10:14:51

Montezumas have got a beer and chocolate gift pack

www.montezumas.co.uk/chocolate-gifts/Hogsback-chocolate-lager-gift-hamper.html

Mmmm!

OneLeggedCrabGoingInCircles Wed 03-Dec-14 11:23:28

I bought lots of interesting beers from the Sainsburys superstore near us to put in a hamper old basket thing my summer shoes were in (sorry DM and DD) They had a great selection. I wrapped the bottles in wrapping tissue paper I had in my odd and sods drawer.

JollyCrumbs Wed 03-Dec-14 11:24:36

Brew Dog may sell something smile

momb Wed 03-Dec-14 11:29:34

This is out of stock at amazon and doesn't have particularly nice beer, but you coudl make something similar quite easily and the extras are nice...
www.amazon.co.uk/Hamper-Pamper-The-Man/dp/B006RXF0AY

Petallic Wed 03-Dec-14 11:31:30

I googled things like worlds oldest/highest/smallest brewery etc and then went for one that did a nice gift set with both beer and glass that I could order online, there's also a directory of micro-breweries on their professional association website (I forget it's name) - went for one in the Scottish highlands that I would have never heard of otherwise.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 03-Dec-14 11:34:39

I got Abel and Cole box of beer one year. But they seem to have other stuff too.

TwiggyHeart Wed 03-Dec-14 11:37:11

Try the Meantime Brewery site, they are a London craft brewer, my bro has been on one of their tours and said the beers are great. I have ordered him some glasses from there and they have a good selection of gifts.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Wed 03-Dec-14 11:59:20

SIBA is the website for independent breweries if anyone's interested, also try online retailers such as Beerhawk or Ales by Mail, they usually sell an interesting range of brews. Or yes, as a pp suggested, google your local breweries, they usually sell directly to the public and have gift packs etc for this time of year.

(We own a micro-brewery so I would always encourage you to support your local brewers!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now