Talk

Advanced search

Help! I have no idea what to buy my mum

(6 Posts)
Wenchelda Tue 02-Dec-14 12:29:04

My DM is 65yrs old, but "young" and very active. She rides her bike everywhere (doesn't drive), goes to an art class and a dance class, enjoys reading and likes nature / wildlife / history. She gets all her books from charity shops or the library so wouldn't want one of those book subscription delivery things. She's already a member of English heritage and the national trust. I could think of a couple of house things to get her but also want something that is for her. I just have no idea what. Any suggestions please?

Norfolkandchance1234 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:44:20

I've made a little hamper for my DM with lots of goodies of chocolate times drink, Christmas socks smile Christmas decoration from a church fair, scarf from M&S, that kind of thing.

florentina1 Tue 02-Dec-14 14:54:45

As your mum is going to art classes how about some blank canvas and ask her to paint something for you.

whimsical1975 Tue 02-Dec-14 15:47:10

Does she enjoying gardening?? Plants, plant pots, gardening tools, gardening classes etc?? Theatre tickets, basket for her bike (front or back), saddle cover, bird bath/feeder, binoculars... or if she enjoys cooking/baking then maybe something along those lines...

Wenchelda Tue 02-Dec-14 16:30:52

She doesn't really do gardening but a nice bird feeder is a good idea as she has lot of birds come into the garden. Thanks for that idea!

mumslife Tue 02-Dec-14 22:15:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now