Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else getting their Ds elsa and Anna?

(13 Posts)
tortoisesarefab Mon 01-Dec-14 21:20:41

My Ds is 3 in March and he loves frozen, in particular elsa. He sings all the words to 'let it go' and asks for elsa when questioned what he would like Father Christmas to bring. Dh doesn't think we should get it for him because he will soon think it's girly and not want to play with it so I thought I would ask on here if anyone else is getting them for their sons.

IndiansInTheLobby Mon 01-Dec-14 21:22:17

If that's what he wants get him it. What's it matter if he plays for it for a short time.

IndiansInTheLobby Mon 01-Dec-14 21:23:14

My post makes no grammatical sense. Apologies tbgrin

LittleMissSparklyGreenTinsel Mon 01-Dec-14 21:26:45

Not Frozen, but my DS now 6 is massively into horses. Pretty much everything horsey is 'girly' in that they are pink, but he loves them. This year he has asked for Tessie the Trotting Pony in his words "I know the lead is pink, but that's ok because I like pink". I know he will play with it, just as he has played with his my little ponies etc. Kids aren't always obsessed that something is a girls toy or a boys toy even if the manufacturers would like us to believe that they are.
p.s. my younger brother had a doll when he was that age and he loved it for years,.

Showy Mon 01-Dec-14 21:30:47

3yo ds is getting Elsa from SIL. Never crossed my mind to worry about it. He loves Elsa.

MonoNoAware Mon 01-Dec-14 21:41:50

Not quite the same, but DS (6) is massively into Princess Unikitty from The Lego Movie. He already has the (pink) pjs and various other bits and will be getting a princess unikitty toy for Christmas. He is aware that some of the toys he likes (he has my little ponies too, alongside his tanks, guns and Minecraft figures), but doesn't care.

DD (4) is a different kettle of fish. She loves spiderman but won't let me buy her an action figure as "it's for boys". Instead she tries to pursuade DS to get one. It's sad.

MonoNoAware Mon 01-Dec-14 21:42:40

*he is aware that some of the toys he likes are marketed at girls

DixieNormas Mon 01-Dec-14 21:45:35

Ds3 3 years is having a jesse from toy story. He has asked for a tinkerbell, hes not getting one because ive finished buying for him now. He can have one for his birthday in a few months though.

Katiebeau Mon 01-Dec-14 21:52:35

Yes for my 3 year old DS and he already has Anna. He loves them. Poor Christoff doll is now adopted by DD 5. Not interested. On the other hand his clothes must be blue!!!

Clueing4looks Mon 01-Dec-14 22:00:49

My 9 year old son loves pinkie pie from my little pony and has the figures/plush toys and DVDs. I'd say get him what he wants. It's only weird if you make it weird

Slowdownsally Mon 01-Dec-14 22:10:19

Absolutely yes!

He loves the film. I suspect they will be driving his tractors, trains and trucks.

tortoisesarefab Mon 01-Dec-14 22:32:31

Thanks everyone. I will definitely get it for him. I suppose I am worried someone (as in other children) would tell him it was girly and he would then decide not to like it anymore. I would be gutted if that were the case as he loves it so much at the minute I just hope he has the confidence to not care as he gets older. It's nice to hear that some if your children are not bothered by things being 'girly'

tortoisesarefab Mon 01-Dec-14 22:33:50

Oh and I am sure they will be great friends with thomas the tank and all his friends ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now