Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Puddings

(6 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 01-Dec-14 20:41:23

This year, I'm aiming to do a selection of mini-puddings. (not all on Christmas Day over a period of days)
Trifles in small stemmed glasses
Jellies in shot glasses
Banoffi Pie in individual square tins
Creme brulee in small heatproof ramekins
Individual apple pies
Ice-cream, brownies and hot chocolate sauce

And Christmas Pudding....but I want to make them in CakePop size. I've got a cake-pop silicone mould (it has 20 ball shapes, top and bottom mould)
What recipe do you use? I'd need to work out what amount I'd make and how long to cook it.
Any ideas?
TIA

Chillycamper Mon 01-Dec-14 22:05:24

Well I'm no expert although have done homemade Christmas pud before and the main point is the long steaming to cook it slowly.

Not sure whether you could make steaming wrk with cake pops. An alternative might be a cake recipe with pudding flavours like this:

www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/1254-Christmas-pud-cupcakes

TwoNoisyBoys Mon 01-Dec-14 23:01:44

Yes, I think it could be difficult to cook these from scratch as they'd normally be steamed. I think maybe a good alternative would be to make the type of cake pops that are made with crumbs of whatever cake/pudding you choose, bound together with melted chocolate, rolled into a ball and pushed onto the sticks.....you could probably google a better description smile That may be the closest thing you'd be able get?

butterflybuns Tue 02-Dec-14 07:04:51

Could you use a Christmas pudding, steam it, let it cool then crumble it up and mix with whatever goey stuff you use to make the cake pops? As the pudding had already been steamed then it would be like using leftovers, try it with a small shop bought one first?

FoxSticks Tue 02-Dec-14 09:17:07

You could do Nigellas Christmas pudding Bonbons? here

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 02-Dec-14 19:03:32

thanks

The cakepop moulds have top/bottom layer so if I fill both halves, sandwich them together, clamp them shut ( metal bulldog clips?) then I can steam them in a big lidded saucepan with a rack (so they'll be out of the water)

But I need to work out roughly what size (I might have enough left to make a smallish basin pudding)

(Has to be proper puddings, no chocolate involved wink )

I bought some from Sainsburys years ago that were tiny puddings in a microwaveable tray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now