Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone want to come and put up my decorations?

(5 Posts)
WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Mon 01-Dec-14 20:24:15

'Cause i fucking hate it. I dread it every year, going up to the freezing, mouldy, cluttered attic and dragging all the boxes down the ladders, trying to avoid children excitedly hopping about underneath me, spilling baubles and tinsel and shitty bits of glittery tat everywhere. Getting it all downstairs, shutting the cat and dog in the back hall so they dont start eating things or chasing baubles under the sofa, keeping the dcs from entangling each other in lights that probably wont work and after all that finding one of the feet of the xmas tree missing so i cant put the fucker up anyway meaning the dcs are gutted and have gone to bed angry with me. I hate it.

I would love to just come home from work on dec 1st and it all be done for me

Guitargirl Mon 01-Dec-14 20:48:46

I always really look forward to putting up the decorations and then about half way in I remember how bloody long it took me last year and start to feel stabby about battery-eating fairy lights.

DP and I put some of the decorations up last night as a surprise for the DCs for when they woke up this morning. I had bought some new twinkly snowflake lights for the window. All you had to do was blink and the bastard things just self-tangled and twisted themselves into a mass of knots. I heard language from DP last night including swear words I didn't even know existed!

I have had a few health issues lately so can't even have my usual baileys to ease the pain. But 24 hours later and it's looking pretty festive in here now.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Mon 01-Dec-14 20:54:32

I heard language from DP last night including swear words I didn't even know existed!

grin

I couldnt even do that as little jugs have big ears!

girlywhirly Tue 02-Dec-14 12:00:48

I tackle the tree one day and the rest of the decorations on another, it means it doesn't dominate one day and I don't get fed up of them.

VinoTime Tue 02-Dec-14 12:08:04

I'll come and put them up for you!

I love putting up the Christmas decs. We look out all our Christmas CDs and DVDs, pop on some music and get going. Me and DD do end up having the obligatory argument over who tangled the 200 string fairy lights (she bloody did!), but it's all part of the fun... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now