Talk

Advanced search

Coffee shop card or bottle of wine for nursery keyworker

(20 Posts)
hohoho100 Mon 01-Dec-14 09:25:54

Never keen on getting wine if I don't know what colour they drink so was thinking of a £10 card for costa/similar. Or do you think an m&s voucher would be more useful?

Although I don't go to coffee shops lots think it is something I would use. Or any other ideas - she has a scarf so just a little something to go with it.

SuperFlyHigh Mon 01-Dec-14 09:28:46

Coffee shop card is great or M&S voucher.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 01-Dec-14 09:29:25

Do you know that she drinks coffee? If yes, then a coffee card (making sure that there is a branch close to where she works of course).

Personally, I don't like Costa/Starbucks or anything like that so wouldn't use it - but then I wouldn't drink red wine either. It is tricky isn't it!

hohoho100 Mon 01-Dec-14 09:39:38

No idea if she drinks coffee or wine - hate buying presents for people I don't know well!

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Mon 01-Dec-14 09:40:44

M & S voucher would be better. She may not drink alcohol or coffee. A coffee shop voucher would be binned here.

SuperFlyHigh Mon 01-Dec-14 09:40:49

Costa does do tea and hot chocolate you know...

ShatnersBassoon Mon 01-Dec-14 09:41:17

M&S might be the safest bet, giving her a bigger choice of treats.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 01-Dec-14 09:42:48

But yes, I think Costa is a nice idea. I'd prefer that (don't drink wine, and would probably spend M&s voucher on everyday stuff).

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Mon 01-Dec-14 09:42:50

Yep, just can't stand the places either. And the smell of coffee just doesn't agree with me.

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 01-Dec-14 09:43:14

I work in a nursery and I would love a coffee card! Coffee shops sell other things as well as coffee and we get a lot of wine, chocs and smellies. All much appreciated and entirely not expected of course but something different is always nice!

marriednotdead Mon 01-Dec-14 09:44:20

Another vote for an M&S voucher- coming from someone who doesn't drink alcohol or hot drinks!

NorksEnormous Mon 01-Dec-14 12:24:27

I don't drink tea or coffee however would love to get a voucher to go in and treat myself to a hot chocolate and a bun or even a cold drink and a bun! I think a costa voucher is lovely!

TsukuruTazaki Mon 01-Dec-14 12:27:10

Costa or similar voucher is a good idea.

It's useful - can get lunch or other drinks etc if not a coffee lover so it's not like it will go to waste. And she might like the Christmas coffees eg gingerbread latte etc, something a bit seasonal.

Don't think many would have an issue with getting that

insancerre Mon 01-Dec-14 12:30:46

I would prefer the winesmile
You can't go wrong with rose
I know lots of women in nurseries who don't drink any hot drinks but not many who don't drink wine

NorksEnormous Mon 01-Dec-14 12:39:26

I worked in a nursery for many years. I don't drink.

whatsagoodusername Mon 01-Dec-14 12:50:48

My mother is a teacher and absolutely loves it when she gets a coffee card.

Another vote for coffee shop card.

PrincessOfChina Mon 01-Dec-14 13:27:27

Neither a voucher or a bottle of wine would be an acceptable gift at our nursery. As in the staff would not be able to accept them.

I usually go with a bath bomb and chocolates (I work for a chocolate company so just chocolate is stingy!).

Have a male staff member this year to buy for and am stumped for his gift!

stoopstofolly Mon 01-Dec-14 13:28:56

I've always (for the last 8 years!) gone for M&S vouchers- they've been well received, and they can buy wine, food, pants- anything they need!

hohoho100 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:33:45

Pretty even votes for wine or coffee! Arggh. Didn't think that they may not be able to accept a voucher so will check tomorrow and then get something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now