Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a nativity set

(11 Posts)
hissingcat Sun 30-Nov-14 22:02:40

I'm having trouble finding a nativity scene that I like.
It has to have all the main people, Mary, Joseph, Jesus (obviously) wise men and preferably angel and a couple of animals
I'd like it to have a stable but every one I've seen has horrid fake moss stuck on.
The figures need to be freestanding, not stuck onto the stable
I don't really want to pay more than £50.
am I too fussy?
can anyone help?

lapetitesiren Sun 30-Nov-14 22:05:19

Usually have things like that at fairtrade sales- think they might be cafod( or religious bookshops/ charity shops. )

lapetitesiren Sun 30-Nov-14 22:07:45

Traidcraft.co.uk- just googled- they have some lovely figures.

rollonthesummer Sun 30-Nov-14 22:18:25

www.johnlewis.com/sevi-nativity-set-large/p231600614#media-overlay_show

This is quite sweet!

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 30-Nov-14 22:19:09

There are a number of listings on eBay for the East of India wooden nativity set like this. They aren't traditional figures but they are beautiful.

tippytap Mon 01-Dec-14 06:48:12

This one is lovely. Wish I could justify the expense.

www.notonthehighstreet.com/traidcraft/product/holy-family-nativity-set

namelessposter Mon 01-Dec-14 06:51:26

Two years agin I spent about a squillion pounds on the Lenox one (look on American eBay). I don't regret it, as it's beautiful and something for life, but my God it was expensive!

hissingcat Mon 01-Dec-14 08:48:38

Thanks so much everyone. I really like the ones woolyback and tippytap have suggested. now I just have to choose between them. smile

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Mon 01-Dec-14 09:13:19

the one tippytap has linked to is lovely so wish I couldn't justify it!! we have a very cheap Tesco one which is pretty much falling apart.

ShadowKat Mon 01-Dec-14 09:28:08

I got this www.paperchase.co.uk/multi-nativity-set.html nativity set from Paperchase the other week for £12.

hissingcat Mon 01-Dec-14 20:02:58

Well I couldn't really justify £50 for tippytaps nativity scene as lovely as it is but i found this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009ETC7CW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.rmFub0H87C22
while browsing and have ordered. Thanks for all your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now