Talk

Advanced search

I *need* to share this website with you...I fear they have missed their market with me!

(13 Posts)
clary Sun 30-Nov-14 20:20:52

They have sent me a catalogue cox and cox but they must think I am a rich lady of leisure (sadly neither!).

I mean really - £3.50 for five pine cones e wtf or £35 for light-up houses ??

Who wants this stuff? More to the point who can afford it? Some things are quite nice (DS2 says he wants the polar bear head but £65 for a kids' duvet set is waaaay out of my range.

Anyone shopping here for their gifts/homeware? smile

ispyfispi Mon 01-Dec-14 12:26:44

Mil's 'wish list ' from last year was all from here! We got her a similar, much cheaper hot water bottle cover that was not appreciated ��

Unexpected Mon 01-Dec-14 12:30:44

Hah! If you think Cox and Cox is expensive, try pedlars.co.uk

unclerory Mon 01-Dec-14 13:45:40

Cox and Cox is great, I always find things beautifully photographed in their catalogue then search for the same thing cheaper online.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Mon 01-Dec-14 13:48:31

pine cones????

<faints clean away>

pinoli Mon 01-Dec-14 13:49:54

DP is a tree surgeon. We have shit loads of pine cones for kindling, £3.50 for 5 hmm

Pootles2010 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:54:02

Well they aren't bog standard pine cones are they - they're all snowy, and you don't have to pick out woodlice.

The light up houses are gorgeous!

BiscuitMillionaire Mon 01-Dec-14 13:54:11

I love their strapline - 'unique' - wot, so they only sell one of each item?

wonkylegs Mon 01-Dec-14 14:04:12

Went to a Christmas fair yesterday & somebody was selling a small bag of pine cones for £5 - and people were buying them.
I'm missing a trick as we've got millions of them littering our driveway/ garden. We either use them for kindling or chuck them on the bonfire.

GoodKingQuintless Mon 01-Dec-14 14:08:33

To be honest, I wont engage with any website that insist that your give your email address for them to spam you with sales offers and shite, before you even get to enter the website to see what they are all about.

RoganJosh Mon 01-Dec-14 14:29:47

You don't have to give your email address though.

GoodKingQuintless Mon 01-Dec-14 14:32:14

Well, the pop up just keeps coming back, but I am not so interested in that site that I am keen to try again.

Quenelle Mon 01-Dec-14 14:40:26

Everything's 'sweet' or 'ever so sweet' apparently hmm Imagine what the day to day chat in that office is like...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now