Talk

Advanced search

outdoor Christmas lights no outside plug. what to do?

(13 Posts)
soverylucky Sun 30-Nov-14 18:33:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDetective Sun 30-Nov-14 19:32:20

I run the wire back through my living room window. Wire is so fine that you can close the window and lock it. So I just plug it below the window.

The wires are hidden, so it looks fine.

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 30-Nov-14 19:33:54

Our wires go underneath the garage door and get plugged in inside the garage.

bonhomme Sun 30-Nov-14 20:11:18

We have battery lights from John Lewis so we can put them anywhere - bought and used them last year and they are still working this year!

mysaladdays Mon 01-Dec-14 23:45:55

I've wondered about this also op. We moved since last year and I have some lights that I'd like to use. We used a heavy duty outdoor extension lead last year, but the plug from the lights was just long enough to be indoors, where it will be outdoors now iyswm. I wondered if this is safe, or whether that plug would need to be coveted with something...,,,?

mysaladdays Mon 01-Dec-14 23:46:46

covered, not coveted grin!

lauranorder50 Tue 02-Dec-14 06:57:23

We had a plug socket in the hallway and taped the electricity cable for the outside lights to the carpet and up the doorway. We carefully put the cable across the top right hand corner of the doorway so we could still close and lock the door.

Can't do it now we've moved house and live overseas. No point, it's not even dusk until 9pm.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 02-Dec-14 06:59:24

Ours feeds in through a front window and plugs in inside

soverylucky Tue 02-Dec-14 07:42:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cockadoodledooo Tue 02-Dec-14 08:02:19

We run an extension cable out through the letterbox.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Tue 02-Dec-14 08:07:12

One of ours goes through the letterbox with some of those 3M hooks holding it in place, another - for the reindeer lights goes out under the garage door. We got one of these weatherproof plug boxes on a spike that goes near where the lights are.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Wed 03-Dec-14 19:48:23

Solar powered lights?

LovelyWeatherForDucks Wed 03-Dec-14 19:48:28

Solar powered lights?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now