Talk

Advanced search

small gift for my very hard working employees!!

(12 Posts)
hellokittehhhh Sun 30-Nov-14 17:28:23

I work in retail and have a team of 15. Money is very tight for me personally but would like to give them all a little something. Apart from 3 they are all under 23, its a very fun/young environment to work in. I was thinking something along the lines of cellophane wrapped bags with chocolate coins or hot chocolate marshmallow type thing??

Has any one any other ideas of what I could do? Im aiming to try and keep it under £20.

senua Sun 30-Nov-14 17:35:12

Rather than a small present each, can you do a big present to share - eg box(es) of Quality Street for all to dip into.

hellokittehhhh Sun 30-Nov-14 17:42:52

We do that anyway for all the staff in the staff rokm in the run up to xmas. Just had an idea of doing something small for each of them as a personal thank you from me for working so hard!

PotatoQueen Sun 30-Nov-14 17:44:52

Have a look in the pound shop, I got some nice looking chocolate liqueurs, think they had cointreau, bailies, vodka and sambuca.

DearGirl Sun 30-Nov-14 17:47:03

Could you hand make Snowman soup

iwantavuvezela Sun 30-Nov-14 17:47:04

How about buying some nail varnish (I am sure you could get a set from TKMAX or other, of OPI or such brand, and divide it up, perhaps have a note saying something silly/personal on why you choose that colour, why it suits them and put in cellophane.
Not sure if you have a TIGER shop near you but they do the sweetest range on Japanese inspired nail scissors, tweezers, really cute, come in different colours, (about a pound or two each) and give that wrapped up.

hippoinamudhole Sun 30-Nov-14 17:52:07

My husband used to get a supermarket voucher. Was very useful

averageanomoly Sun 30-Nov-14 17:56:26

Christmas bauble?

spandangled Sun 30-Nov-14 18:00:22

I put together a Christmas survival kit for mine; hot chocolate, favourite choc bar and a small wine or mixed cocktail can and wrap it nicely. Works out quite crap if you can get things on special and it demonstrates how well you know them if you get stuff you know they like (eg one of mine's favourite chocolate bar is a fry's chocolate cream)

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sun 30-Nov-14 18:03:41

Whatever you get, a handwritten note or card saying how much you appreciate them will make them feel like a million dollars. It's really not about how much you spend - although I do second Tiger, it's brilliant for small quirky cheap gifts.

hellokittehhhh Sun 30-Nov-14 18:10:38

Wow thanks for quick replies! Some really good ideas! We do have a tiger shop, will pop in amd have a look. Really like the winter survival idea!

christmaspies Sun 30-Nov-14 18:13:51

I once had a boss who gave us each a bag of chocolate coins and a card saying that he wished he could give us a real Christmas bonus as a reward for all our hard work. We all thought it was a lovely thing to do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now