Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to locate a Monty and Mabel Penguin plush pair please!

(8 Posts)
avalu Sun 30-Nov-14 10:27:02

The one and only thing that my daughter has asked for Xmas is the Monty and Mabel plush from John Lewis.. I have been checking everyday on there website for new stock but they have since removed the listing. I can not get to any stores and when I have phoned customer service I have been told that they will not post out from a store for me as these are in high demand. Ebay sellers are selling them for ridiculous prices as well. Id love to make her Xmas as she has had a particularly bad year being in and out of hospital. Can anyone please help locate a pair for me??

LIZS Sun 30-Nov-14 10:28:38

No sign at Bluewater. Suspect there was only ever very limited stock available and that probably presold to staff .

LittleBearPad Sun 30-Nov-14 10:29:38

There aren't any at Brent Cross, sorry.

Pikkewyn Sun 30-Nov-14 17:31:25

There were none in Cardiff or Bristol yesterday sad

curiousgeorgie Sun 30-Nov-14 17:50:39

They're like gold dust. You're going to need good luck and a good internet speed!!

InfinitySeven Sun 30-Nov-14 17:54:08

You are unlikely to find them online, they like to make you go into store.

The big London stores had some last week, but they won't post or reserve them because they are so in demand.

I'd drive round John Lewis stores until I found them, or accept paying a premium on eBay. I can't see how else you will get them.

traviata Sun 30-Nov-14 20:00:35

other penguins are available....

Lifesalemon Sun 30-Nov-14 20:25:24

Can you knit? John Lewis have a kit to knit your own monty and mabel. Not quite the plush ones but look quite good and may be better then nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now