Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Elf On The Shelf thread

(36 Posts)
WillWorkForMoney Sat 29-Nov-14 14:11:28

Hello, I thought it would be a good idea if we could all share what all our elves are getting up to over December, including pics. I'm in 2 minds whether to deliver him tomorrow with it being a weekend. My original plan was to have Santa deliver the book tomorrow then Elf comes on Monday (flying on a helium balloon)

How are your elves arriving?

Teapot74 Sat 29-Nov-14 15:40:28

Following. Ours has been randomly active for a couple of weeks. He leaves clues, poems and presents but not every day. My kids are older but I've only just discovered the elf so I said we'd do it. V useful way to give pressies you need before christmas (decorations for me and a winter coat for DD).

wibblyjelly Sat 29-Nov-14 18:01:04

First time doing Elf on the Shelf for 2 year old ds. He is arriving tomorrow, where we will be having a north pole breakfast, and getting the decorations up. He will arrive with some Christmas books and a special mug for DS to have his chocolate milk out for the breakfast.

WillWorkForMoney Sat 29-Nov-14 18:21:33

This is my 1st year doing it too. My dd's are nearly 11, 4 (5 in March) and 6.5.
Tempted for her (I got the girl as she was cheaper! but keep saying "him") to arrive tomorrow, but I think if they have to go to school, then there is less chance of her being touched.

Can I ask what is included in your north pole breakfast wibblyjelly

wibblyjelly Sat 29-Nov-14 18:46:01

We are having snowman pancakes, Christmas tree shaped and chocolate milk. Will also probably have to have cheerios, as ds is a bit obsessed with them. May call them Elf hula hoops grin

WillWorkForMoney Sat 29-Nov-14 22:56:34

Santa has just dropped off the book on our doormat! Eee dead excited.

Just hope none of them get up through the night hmm

WillWorkForMoney Sat 29-Nov-14 22:57:56

?.and yes I know my doorssep needs painting wink Maybe it one of the things the elf can do. Lol.

makemineapinot Sat 29-Nov-14 23:14:50

I'm doing a paired down version in my class as one child brought in the book yesterday. Obviously can't be too naught in school and will be checking up on behaviour obviously!!

callmekitten Sun 30-Nov-14 08:28:55

Our Elf on the Shelf always arrives with St Nick on the eve of Dec. 6th. When she was little, DD always said that she thought that Santa and St. Nick were brothers, so that made sense for us. I'm not sure what our elf will be up to this year yet. I've got some planning to do.

WillWorkForMoney Mon 01-Dec-14 07:14:34

Our elf arrived last night with an elf breakfast. Hope the teachers don't hate me as its pretty sugar heavy (once won't hurt)
Will add some pics after school run as need to upload to pc.
Just waiting for the kids to wake up!

MillieMoodle Mon 01-Dec-14 07:28:05

This is our first year with an Elf. He arrived on the front door step on Saturday night with a letter for DS (3) and he knocked on the front door. He put all the Christmas declarations up on Saturday night, so when we came downstairs on Sunday morning the house was all Christmassy. He was in the tree putting the tree chocolates on.
This morning we came downstairs and he was holding an advent calendar for DS.
He's been very busy already!

youmakemydreams Mon 01-Dec-14 08:04:42

Ours arrived yesterday totally not the plan.
I had let dc put the tree up on Saturday night to keep them busy while I was moving some furniture around.
Ds1 and I had been having an ongoing battle over where one Santa was to go. He said on the tree I said on the shelf. He stayed in the shelf. I without thinking moved him into the tree after dc were in bed and ds1 noticed in the morning and was convinced it was our elf saying he was here and started waking up his brother and sister and raking the house. So Alfie arrived a day early in the bath sitting on Lego and Playmobil advent calendars.

The dc got up this morning to find the naughty elf had drawn how many sleeps until Christmas on the mirror and put moustaches and funny faces in all the photographs.

WillWorkForMoney Mon 01-Dec-14 09:17:16

Heres a few pics of my the elfs efforts.

Have to say it was a complete hit! The dd's loved it all. Even the 10 yo believed, i think (or she's a really good actor) I had to feign mild irritation that she had used my best dishes and saying that she had better wash up after too! lol

Wonder what she will get up to tonight.

WillWorkForMoney Mon 01-Dec-14 09:18:22

Those grape things are meant to be Grinches lol

youmakemydreams Mon 01-Dec-14 11:32:36

I think I'm going to do a breakfast on the first day of the holidays and we will all be home to enjoy it.
Ds is 11 and doesn't believe and was asking last night to help me with the elf was still so caught up in the moment she was dragging me out of bed to come and see what he'd done. Obviously forgetting for a moment that it was me that done it.

bryonyelf Mon 01-Dec-14 18:08:53

"Adam" arrived this morning. Lacking in thought here but I forgot it was the first today!

WillWorkForMoney Tue 02-Dec-14 09:29:43

Today Tinsel The Elf thought she'd make use of the facilities in Dd's dolls house.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 02-Dec-14 11:06:11

Dds elf arrived today.... Late cos she had to walk from the North Pole and it takes a while grin she is tucked up in bed with dd's favourite teddies reading a book til they come home. In working today and have snuck home on a break so they will have no idea it's me smile they love her, they have named her shirla....

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 02-Dec-14 11:20:21

Resting after then long walk

WillWorkForMoney Wed 03-Dec-14 09:29:24

Tinsel has decorated the door as a snowman last night and left cut outs for the dd's to decorate other doors in the house too. How thoughtful of her!

WillWorkForMoney Fri 05-Dec-14 09:02:21

Wednesday night Tinsel painted all our noses red while we were asleep.

Last night she ziplined from one side of the room to the other and gave the kids a treat.

xalyssx Sat 06-Dec-14 02:06:46

Both my ex and I are doing eots this year. My elf is called George and xp has Eddie.
1st Eddie arrived at xp house and dropped the pans all over the kitchen floor!
2nd Eddie and George give DS1 and 2 tickets to go to ikea and buy a new toy each
3rd George makes a castle out of empty loo roll tubes
4th George brings new blankets, one for each person
5th George does a load of washing and is waiting in the washing machine
6th George has played battleships with Thomas

WillWorkForMoney Sat 06-Dec-14 09:32:30

Love it xalyssx Lovely that both of you are doing it.

Last night Tinsel read the ponies a story or 5..
She also took some "Elfies" on dd1s phone (shes nearly 11 and hasn't been as excited the last few nights, so thought it might cheer her-which it did)

WillWorkForMoney Sat 06-Dec-14 09:35:38

Tonight I'm thinking of covering the kitchen floor in icing sugar/flour and do snow angels and snowball fight?? Not sure if I could be arsed to clean it all up in the morning though lol. Can just imagine the squeals when they see the mess hehe

Wealldancelamacarena Sat 06-Dec-14 09:39:27

My elf has been really busy this week !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now