Talk

Advanced search

Gift regret- what should I do???

(13 Posts)
susannahmoodie Sat 29-Nov-14 10:20:15

I only had two presents left to buy so I went to John Lewis last night. I wanted together my mum some Estée Lauder perfume, so I got her the modern muse gift set with 20% off. Then I was stupidly convinced by the woman to get the make up gift set for about £45 but she said it was worth £180- Tbf it is packed with stuff, 3 full sized lipsticks, massive eye palatte, vanity case and smaller make up bag , creams, serums, etc. so I've bought it but I don't really have anyone to give it too. I could split it up and give it to a few people but it's not really necessary. If I give it to my mum it means I'll have spent loads more on her than on my dad and pils. I have considered giving it to dh to give to me ?! But I don't love it...

And then I saw these new perfumes by shay and blue. They are gorgeous and beautifully packed and I think my mum would love it. But she would love the EL one too, plus that comes with a body lotion.

So do I brave battling through the shops again, return the Estée Lauder and get the shay and blue, or just stick with what I've got?? And if so what do I do with the gift set....??

WUME Sat 29-Nov-14 10:25:08

Return it.

skiingcat Sat 29-Nov-14 10:26:51

Could you keep one off the sets till her birthday?

overthemill Sat 29-Nov-14 10:28:33

Can you return make up? I think not - unless faulty. Keep it for her birthday and don't go shopping when you are tired!

susannahmoodie Sat 29-Nov-14 10:28:54

Hmm, her birthday is in August and it's her 60th, it's probably going to be a joint present with my siblings, £££ a and jewellery or something significant

SquidgyMummy Sat 29-Nov-14 10:30:16

It was only yesterday. return it

PinkParsnips Sat 29-Nov-14 10:38:49

A lovely treat for Mothers day?
If not I'd return it.

ChippingInAutumnLover Sat 29-Nov-14 10:42:32

Do you think your mum would like it?

susannahmoodie Sat 29-Nov-14 12:22:19

She would like it but I just don't feel like its that amazing. She's not make up obsessed or anything. It just feels a bit generic

JustSpeakSense Sat 29-Nov-14 15:00:07

Return it.

susannahmoodie Sat 29-Nov-14 17:52:19

Total return fail hmm. Thought I'd quickly nip in on the way back from ds swimming lesson. But got stuck in horrific traffic and ds wet himself in the car, so we never made it to the shops.

Maybe it's not meant to be!

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 29-Nov-14 17:54:25

Maybe you should keep it for you? It sounds lovely.

PlantsAndFlowers Sat 29-Nov-14 19:37:23

You've got a month to return it, and so long as it's not opened or used it will be fine. Return it and get the thing you want to get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now