Talk

Advanced search

I need help/inspiration <puppy dog eyes>

(12 Posts)
MyPandaisasecretmonster Sat 29-Nov-14 09:22:35

I'm Desperate have zero idea for what other bits to get 6yo Ds & he has no idea either which is useful .

He has his big bits for Christmas which is all Imaginext Batman , I'm just stumped at what else to get that isn't bloody imaginext.
I'm looking for stocking fillers,board games & whatever else anybody can think of , he has no particular interest which is probably why I'm struggling so much .

I'll be eternally grateful brew cake flowers

GirlAnachronism Sat 29-Nov-14 11:21:15

my Ds is 6 and currently obsessed with Skylanders and Lego Ninjago. If you have a console, Skylanders is a great game, you can get the earlier ones for around £20 and the figurines make a great stocking filler. I've also got him some mashems/mashables? can't remember the name correctly but its like marvel superheroes and villains that you can swap and change the body parts. He got some for his birthday and they were a huge hit.

For board games, the classic snakes and ladders is alway a hit, but DS also enjoy games like buckaroo. Book people have some nice books as well.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sat 29-Nov-14 11:25:01

Ds hasn't a clue what Skylanders are unfortunately

Will have a look at the Mashems & have just ordered him some books from the book people , Thank you

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sat 29-Nov-14 11:35:38

Where is best to get board games from ?

GirlAnachronism Sat 29-Nov-14 11:40:23

i find amazon is just as good as any really for board games, there are a couple coming up on black friday today iirc.

Prizepudding Sat 29-Nov-14 11:56:50

The lego games are good, we have shave a sheep and sunblock which are quite fun

PesoPenguin Sat 29-Nov-14 18:06:43

It's not strictly a board game, but DS is getting Uno as he enjoyed it at my parent's house and it reminds me of my childhood. Other bits include a Kidizoom watch, a couple of Book People book sets, some little lego sets, obviously some sweets/ chocolate bits, oooh my minds gone blank! From family, ds is getting a power rangers costume, walkie talkies and a telescope.

MissLurkalot Sat 29-Nov-14 19:18:57

Ok, how about Lego juniors Spider-Man set. It's a fairly smallish box and was about £12.
Bouncy snow globe ball from clintons cards
Flashing named Christmas badge from Clinton cards
Little live pet birds. they do a blue one £10 Argos
Nerf dart gun blue with darts. Fairly smallish £5. Boots and Asda I think
Magic flannel
Electric toothbrush Spider-Man
Lush bath bomb in shape of a robot £2.50

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sat 29-Nov-14 20:14:14

Brilliant thanks for the ideas

Skyland Sat 29-Nov-14 20:25:54

Dobble game is a big hit with my boys. They also like marvel mashers, ninja turtles and trashies. I have got my eldest Walkie talkies with a spy watch and spy glasses. They both like remote control cars. Klutz art books are also good they do a Star Wars thumb doodles book with ink pads. Star Wars command sets are also good and there are quite good deals around on these just now.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 29-Nov-14 20:31:59

Snap circuits
Science set
Den building stuff
Dressing up costumes
Power rangers
Lego City range
Junior monopoly/ frustration /hungry hippos
Gamewright games (search on Amazon)
Spy/detective accessories (spy pen, magnifying glass, night vision goggles etc.)

I have a 6 year old DS, and these are all things he has/is getting.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 29-Nov-14 20:33:07

Oh, DS is also getting binoculars and a my first nature book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now