Talk

Advanced search

Present suggestions welcome for a lovely but hard to please lady!

(14 Posts)
DamselNotInHerDress Thu 27-Nov-14 23:34:55

She's mid 40's, on a diet (and doing very well) so no chocolate, has no hobbies, doesn't wear perfume, doesn't carry and handbag, not girly in any way, works with children but I'd like to get her something personal.
She takes a lot of photos so I'm tempted my a photo album or a frame but am open to all suggestions.
I usually go for a handcream as she suffers from dry skin but I've done it for the last few years and would like to get something different.
Any skin stuff is out of the question as she has problem skin generally.
She doesn't do scarves.
No purses due to no handbag.
I'm very very stuck. She's lovely but impossibl tricky to buy for!
Any suggestions before I cave and go for the album/frame?

DamselNotInHerDress Thu 27-Nov-14 23:35:53

And the prize for the longest op with worst spag goes to... grin

Laquitar Thu 27-Nov-14 23:43:21

What is the budget?
Does she like cinema/eating out, if so then a voucher for cinema or restaurant?

Something for her kitchen and for cooking? A nice spice rack?

Books? If she is not much into reading then maybe a biography or travel book or cookery book?

DamselNotInHerDress Thu 27-Nov-14 23:49:45

Havent really got a budget, maybe £30?
She eats out once a year with her dh for their anniversary, hasn't been to the cinema in the 8 years I've known Her.
Doesn't really cook beyond jars and packets etc, so I think that's out.
Has a kindle but has never read anything on it and says she doesn't have the time to read.
She really is that difficult!

makemineapinot Thu 27-Nov-14 23:51:31

Voucher fir afternoon tea for two somewhere nice?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 27-Nov-14 23:56:00

The most generic present of them all is a candle, what about that? Boring, I know.

A book of lovely photography?
A new camera bag?

Does she like teas or coffees?

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 28-Nov-14 00:55:26

I considered afternoon tea, we live near a very popular posh hotel which does an amazing one. She doesn't tea (or coffee) and is teetotal so we couldn't even make it a sparkling afternoon tea. And she's on a diet (has Just won inspirational slimmer of the year or similar title) so will not eat cake.
She bought me a candle last year! She wouldnt have them as she has pets and has lots of small dc.
She has a case for her camera (it's just a small digital one not slr).
I do appreciate your help, honestly, I'm not dismissing them to be awkward, she's just very hard to choose for!

IsItMeOr Fri 28-Nov-14 14:46:35

DVD of a film/TV series you think she might enjoy?

iwouldgoouttonight Fri 28-Nov-14 14:52:59

I'm similar age and not especially girlie and I would like slippers, nice socks, one of those nice sparkley decorations you can hang in the garden, voucher for a massage.

I'd also like wine and restaurant vouchers

TheSpottedZebra Fri 28-Nov-14 15:28:02

Nice leather gloves?

tabulahrasa Fri 28-Nov-14 15:36:48

Heated bodywarmer for dog walking, it's not attractive, but it's my favourite present ever...you have no idea how amazing it is to be warm on a cold night while walking, lol

cindydog Fri 28-Nov-14 15:39:48

if she has dogs, maybe a nice walking jacket, reflector jacket, flexi dog lead , sea weed skincare , amazon voucher ? sorry cant think of anything else.

allmycats Fri 28-Nov-14 15:41:45

Electronic photo frame so she can stick her card in and run her photos through to display ?

DamselNotInHerDress Fri 28-Nov-14 16:06:00

Excellent suggestions, thanks all. Incidentally, I did buy her a digital photo frame today and a copy of a book I read and told her about. At the time, she sounded interested!
Thanks for all your ideas, I wish I'd known about heated body warmers beforehand though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now