Talk

Advanced search

23 December

(10 Posts)
helenatroy Thu 27-Nov-14 22:02:26

With long term Christmas guests......
So I have family coming on 23 December and staying till NY. Christmas eve a nice lunch somewhere cute and festive local. Christmas day the usual festivities. Boxing day, walks and other things followed by leftovers and iceskating. Brighton with friends for a few days and ny in a local pub.... So far so dull I hear you say......... What in the name of God does one do with excited and expectant (not in the with child way) on 23 December, day and night please?

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Thu 27-Nov-14 22:04:34

Panto?

TheFantasticMrsFox Thu 27-Nov-14 22:10:00

Long walk, wrapped up well, stopping halfway for flasks of hot chocolate and mince pies this is my "go to" entertainment, my DPs hate it that much that DSDad never complains of being bored, lest we drag him up a big hill

LittleMissGreen Thu 27-Nov-14 22:12:26

If there are kids mine love doing Christmas crafts and decorating Christmas biscuits.

FelixTitling Thu 27-Nov-14 22:16:35

Sounds like you are doing a lot on Boxing Day. Can you transfer something over? The ice skating maybe?

Or how about the cinema for a Christmassy film?

yomellamoHelly Thu 27-Nov-14 22:26:13

Christmas market if you're near one?

farmerslife Thu 27-Nov-14 22:28:35

Baking and cooking, lots of treats chocolate truffles yummy stuff not meals !!

curiousgeorgie Thu 27-Nov-14 23:33:33

I second the idea of the cinema... There's nativity 3, Get Santa, Paddington, Penguins of Madagascar, a new Tinkerbell... It's a great month for movies!

losersaywhat Thu 27-Nov-14 23:38:47

Our schools don't finish up till the 23rd so that takes care of most of the day grin I like the idea of the cinema in the evening.

annabanana19 Fri 28-Nov-14 07:01:24

Baking. Christmas music. Few drinks.

Id love a Christmas like yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now