Talk

Advanced search

Anyone heard of a North Pole breakfast?

(9 Posts)
wibblyjelly Thu 27-Nov-14 17:12:30

If you do Elf on the shelf, the first day the elf arrives, it brings a north pole breakfast? Has anyone done this, and if so share some ideas please?

DomiKatetrix Thu 27-Nov-14 17:37:52

I've never done one but apparently people do a breakfast of things they wouldn't normally have like treat food. So hot chocolate, doughnuts, etc. if you google North pole breakfast, some lovely ideas come up on Pinterest.

wibblyjelly Thu 27-Nov-14 19:29:56

Will have a look, thanks grin

Poolomoomon Thu 27-Nov-14 21:46:43

Yeah we do. Last year was the first time I'd done it and it was all very last minute because I only heard of the idea a week before EOTS was due to arrive. This year will of course be way more official and professional looking, ahem wink.

Last year I got the reindeer shaped bread from Morrisons, did Christmas tree crumpets and snowman pancakes. This year I'm doing snowman pancakes with pretzel arms, blueberry eyes and mouth, a veggie bacon scarf and chocolate buttons. DC are drinking pink milkshake in their glass milk bottles with curly straws, DH and I are drinking chai lattes with cream and mini gingerbread men grin. Banana and strawberry candy cane shapes, the Nakd Christmas pudding bar and snowballs- either stollen bites or actual Tunnocks snowballs, I'm undecided as yet. I might do Christmas tree shaped waffles too but I'm debating whether thats too much food for one sitting or not... Start the season as you mean to go on I guess grin. There's a jar of reindeer candy corn on the table and it's all nicely decorated for the occasion. Oh I can't wait I can't wait!

LaChatte Thu 27-Nov-14 21:47:30

Sounds like something that might include raw fish to me grin

Sounds like a sex act to me.

everydayaschoolday Fri 28-Nov-14 12:55:51

I too am doing a North Pole Breakfast on 1st Dec. And all the Christmas beakers, melamine plates, the 2 elves come out (soft toys for the month), santa hats etc all reused from previous years. A gift of a book and a DVD each wrapped on the table (to get use out of during the christmas period). I make toast cut into christmas shapes from cookie cutters and have bought Christmas tree crumpets from Tesco (currently in the freezer), going to make Grinch snacks (green grape, slice of banana, upside down strawberry and a mini mallow held together with a toothpick), chuck in a christmas choc lolly, a flump (north pole) and some chocolate milk and you have a kids breakfast from heaven!

everydayaschoolday Fri 28-Nov-14 12:56:49

Grinch Kabobs:

www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=grinch+kabobs&term_meta%5B%5D=grinch%7Cautocomplete%7C2&term_meta%5B%5D=kabobs%7Cautocomplete%7C2

wibblyjelly Fri 28-Nov-14 13:28:36

Thanks all, will probably do ours on Sunday, as that's when our decs are going up, and I'll have a bit more time to do bits in the morning...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now