Talk

Advanced search

Stockings

(7 Posts)
Havingabeer Thu 27-Nov-14 11:26:33

Where can I get nice christmas stockings from? I want them to last for all the kids childhood really. I thought knitted would be best....
Don't want to spend the earth. Say 15 pounds max.

Also, I have a 21month old and 3 months old, so ideas on what to put in them. Low budget for this as they are only young

WUME Thu 27-Nov-14 14:56:55

Lurking. I just wrote on another thread that I love the Lands End neddlecraft stocking which they personalise.

But they are £20 each shock

thegreylady Thu 27-Nov-14 19:22:29

Homebase have some lovely knitted ones for £5.99/£7.99. They are a good size too smile

Havingabeer Thu 27-Nov-14 20:12:54

Thanks!

Lucylouby Thu 27-Nov-14 20:26:57

Our dc get stuff like toiletries in their stockings, maybe bubble bath, shampoo, hair detangler. Not the normal stuff I buy each week, but more kiddie friendly bottles. Felt pens, a colouring book, a glue stick, selotape, other stationary supplies they love, the finger torches from China were a massive hit last year. Maybe a small book, an orange, some chocolate, a bag of chocolate coins. I think this year, I'm going to put in a box of coco pops, as I've stopped buying chocolate cereals for them, so coco pops would be a real treat. Maybe some socks, pants and vests. A pair of slippers if needed. A flannel with their favourite character on. Box of tissues for their bedroom. Stuff that they use all year round and would use anyway, basically. I just give it as a present. Dc don't seem to mind. I try to put something in that will really occupy them for a little while, to try and buy myself an extra 15mins of sleep. (Dc open their stockings together, but without us, then come through to show us their goodies).

Havingabeer Thu 27-Nov-14 20:48:41

That's sweet!

Oldieandgoldie Thu 27-Nov-14 21:03:36

Knitted are AWFUL!
All the presents inside snag on the wool that strands across several/many stitches. (Sorry, can't think of the correct knitting term blush
Felt/fabric are so much easier. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now