Talk

Advanced search

On my own Boxing Day- what can I do?

(8 Posts)
lizardqueenie Wed 26-Nov-14 15:31:23

H & I have just separated in the last couple of months, DDwill be spending Xmas day with me & my family & Boxing Day with her dad. There are other relatives I could go & spend the day with & am sure I wouldn't have to wait for a specific invite but I fancy doing something different & nice for myself but as boxing days have always been Christmas Day v.2 with the in-laws I'm not sure what's open/ on, other than the sales of course wink

I want to do something specific rather than wander & moap - live quite close to london

Thanks thanks

Xenadog Wed 26-Nov-14 15:57:24

Mrsgrumble Wed 26-Nov-14 16:00:25

I would go to the cinema, go for an hours shopping the relax in a bar with a hot whiskey for an hour or three smile

chanie44 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:31:36

I was going to suggest the sales.

Failing that:
Spa day at home
Nice leisurely lunch
Then cinema

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 26-Nov-14 20:28:31

Bottle of prosecco in bed with loads of chocolate and a good book! Heaven! grin

minkymuskyslyoldstoaty Wed 26-Nov-14 20:34:23

after dd has been collected, go back to bed with a cuppa and the book you bought yourself from FC. In your bedroom, tucked away is a box of your fave treats, hidden for your consumption only.

at about 11, get up and shower, put on the lovely new top/scarf/earrings you bought for yourself from dd, and go to a local pub for cosy sarnie by the fire.

or if you fancy a bit of a browse in the shops, have lunch and do that.

lizardqueenie Wed 26-Nov-14 22:12:36

Thanks allsmile

lizardqueenie Wed 26-Nov-14 22:13:11

Actually the thought of some kind of lay in is most appealing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now