Talk

Advanced search

I need Black Friday explaining to me.

(11 Posts)
Naruthirdis Wed 26-Nov-14 09:52:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FaciallyChallenged Wed 26-Nov-14 10:27:40

Black Friday isn't really for getting a good price on a very specific thing unless you're lucky and it happens to be in the sale (which is already on, there's deals up until Black Friday too) - they put random stuff on sale and f you want it you have to watch for when it's going on sale and be online ready to buy it that minute.

FaciallyChallenged Wed 26-Nov-14 10:28:45

It's better for if you want say 'a' saucepan but don't care which one or 'a' present for so-and-so but aren't sure what you want, then you can see what comes up.

Naruthirdis Wed 26-Nov-14 11:14:58

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Wed 26-Nov-14 11:21:27

You don't see the offer price until the offer is on. They can be on for seconds/minutes if they get snapped up, or an hour or two if not.

If you click on the 'upcoming' tab on the Black Friday page, you can see what will be on offer in the next 24? hours, but then you need to be in front of a computer to buy it at the right time.

I suppose you could do it on a phone/tablet if there was something you really wanted.

Petallic Wed 26-Nov-14 11:23:20

Other retailers are also offering Black Friday deals too on Friday itself (john lewis, tesco, Currys, Very etc) so check their websites too on Friday as you might get lucky and find the thing you are looking for is reduced.

AnonymousBird Wed 26-Nov-14 13:02:28

I am so glad someone started this thread. When I was in JL a couple of weeks ago, the sales assistant was very excited about it and when I looked confused, she was gobsmacked I had never heard of it.

So, not just Amazon, presumably some other retailers may have special offers on certain things just for this Friday, is that the general idea? I am after a Freezer, so I suppose as long as I don't mind which then I may get a deal (or I may not!)....

AnonymousBird Wed 26-Nov-14 13:02:58

PS? Have Apple ever done this?

Petallic Wed 26-Nov-14 15:01:32

Yes, Apple do it but don't expect a lot off an ipad (think it was about £30/40 quid last year) think the discount on macs is a bit better. Starts online midnight Thursday. John lewis have already said they will price match and you get a longer warranty if you buy from them. I'm buying myself an ipad this year so am waiting until Friday although I don't know who I will be buying it from yet! Whoever has the best discount/cashback

Naruthirdis Thu 27-Nov-14 07:30:26

SandyFlipFlop Thu 27-Nov-14 08:03:03

Petallic - earlier this summer our original iPad died a death. I took it into the Apple shop to see if it was worth getting fixed. It was out of warrenty, but because it was a technical fault and it was bought in an Apple store, they replaced it for free. Granted, they gave me another original iPad, but I was delighted as it only has on films and apps for the DC. The guy told me it was only covered bacause it was bought in an Apple store (they can check from the seriel code on the back), so might be worth bearing in mind if you want an iPad. I was hughly impressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now