Talk

Advanced search

Stocking fillers for 4.5 year old DS

(5 Posts)
Snappyteabread Tue 25-Nov-14 23:40:18

Any ideas?
Also looking for small stocking filler educational things that are not too expensive.

So far, from my research, small equals tat, and I don't want more tat!!

bakingtins Tue 25-Nov-14 23:53:25

Shut the box
Uno
Brain box ( some suitable for this age group)
Rory's story cubes
Magnetic letters or numbers
Alphablocks DVD
Numicon

Get some tat though, stockings are incomplete without magic facecloth, sticky crawly down the window man and a chocolate orange!

erin99 Wed 26-Nov-14 00:10:00

Pound shop sweets and choc - purposely designed to be max volume for a minimal outlay - perfect smile. Pound shop tubes of flying saucers were a huge hit last year.

Pass the pigs

A genius idea from another MNer for my maths geek 5 year old: gaming dice with different numbers of faces. I know he will absolutely adore them.

Magnets generally, nice strong ones.

Sand timer(s) (for fun or teeth brushing!)
Clockwork timer
Cubes, fraction rods or cuisinaire rods would be Educational but they have all that at school.
Decent scissors, glue sticks, weighted tape dispenser - all encourage fine motor skills

attheendoftheday Wed 26-Nov-14 00:29:22

In dd1's stocking I have

Small horseshoe magnet
Gruffalo rhyming card game
Story dice
Playmobil figures
Gruffalo apron
Swimming bag with her name on

In previous years I have put in small but good quality wooden instruments, bulbs to plant, and art supplies like felt tips etc.

When I was little we always used to get a pack of note cards to use for thank you letters.

CaramellaDeVille Wed 26-Nov-14 01:11:46

Do you have a Tiger store nearby? I got my 4 year old DS lots of lovely, traditional stocking fillers from there for not very much ££

For example, Jacob's Ladder, Paint your own racing car (wooden), wooden robot toy, novelty eraser, slinky....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now