Talk

Advanced search

Stockings

(18 Posts)
AnnoyedByAlfieBear Tue 25-Nov-14 21:17:03

Where can I get a nice stocking for an almost 2 1/2 year old and 2 month old to last a few years?

Needs to be strong enough and big enough for, well, stocking fillers.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 27-Nov-14 11:56:32

bump

WUME Thu 27-Nov-14 12:36:47

Lurking.

I love the lands end needlecraft stocking but I need 3 and can't justify £60 on stockings

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Thu 27-Nov-14 12:38:20

I have cheapies that I got in poundstretcher or poundland (can't remember!) a few years ago and they came with letters to put their names on them.

Not massive, but big enough. I think I've had them 3 or 4 years.

They are v naff and cheesy though, not in the least bit sophisticated, but we don't really do sophisticated at Christmas grin

girlywhirly Thu 27-Nov-14 12:43:41

TKMaxx do good quality stockings.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 27-Nov-14 12:50:24

Not sure I can justify £60 for a baby and a toddler! That'd be more than the value of the contents!

I'll be near a tk maxx and pound land and stretcher on Sunday so I'll look then.

Thanks!

carriedaway Thu 27-Nov-14 13:42:20

Ikea then add name letters from eBay

Catanddogmake6 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:54:05

I don't know what your sewing (or in my case my mum's) sewing is like but they are very simple to make. I just bought a remnant of velvet, mum cut them out, sewed them up, stuck christmas ribbon round the top as decoration and a piece to hang the stocking up by. Your can buy iron on letters if you want.

If it's really beyond you/ no time Ebay or Etsy will have someone who will make them for you. I strongly recommend you get 2 of each stocking. Makes it much easier for Father Christmas to just switch over the stocking rather than spend ages packing it and wake someone up.

Misty9 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:41:56

I can't craft for toffee - but I did make dh a stocking a few years back grin
early learning centre had a nice one for £9 if not. We always used my dad's very large stretchy socks!

Misty9 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:47:00

Two stockings - genius!

iamdivergent Thu 27-Nov-14 16:03:28

We got ours from eBay 4 years ago, they personalised them. They are red velvet with the fluffy white top, red name stitching. cost me £12 for the two including postage

monsterfaery Thu 27-Nov-14 16:12:58

I got ours from the disney store when the dc's were babies the oldest's one still looks as good as new 11 years later.

TheHolidayArmadillo Fri 28-Nov-14 09:01:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thegreylady Fri 28-Nov-14 09:05:37

Homebase do really nice knitted ones for £5.99

LineRunner Fri 28-Nov-14 09:15:23

Poundland or similar - and then embroider on the names with basic chain stitch (that even I can do!)..

MissLurkalot Fri 28-Nov-14 15:18:31

Ours are Mamas and Papas velvet ones.. Gorgeous!

haggisaggis Fri 28-Nov-14 15:35:15

I got an elderly neighbour to knit the dcs stockings when they were small. They are unique and very stretchy (she wanted to make sure they would fit a lot in!) and since she died a few years ago now they also remind us of her.

JuniperTisane Fri 28-Nov-14 15:39:00

I got some nice ones from John Lewis last year. Very similar to this

I really love the pottery barn ones but couldn't justify the shipping cost. Sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now