Talk

Advanced search

Pressy for the ironing lady?

(10 Posts)
Lagoonablue Tue 25-Nov-14 20:47:56

Anyone think of something small and nice for the lovely lady who does my ironing? I pay her obviously but she's so nice would like to get her something. Or do you think that it's patronising?

If not, what should I get?

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Tue 25-Nov-14 20:49:03

I always give our cleaning and ironing lady some nicely wrapped chocs and cash/vouchers. And a card expressing our gratitude.

CyclopsBee Tue 25-Nov-14 20:51:19

Nice box of posh chocs that's what I would like

Lagoonablue Tue 25-Nov-14 20:52:17

Chocs it is then! Thank you.

NCIS Tue 25-Nov-14 20:59:03

I get some nice handcream plus a small bottle of champagne for mine, she's worth her weight in gold and I don't know what I'd do without her.

berberana Wed 26-Nov-14 08:44:18

I got my cleaner / ironing lady a little set of Soap and Glory handcreams and a box of chocs last year. Trying to decide what to get this year... would the same sort of thing be acceptable?

amidaiwish Wed 26-Nov-14 10:52:46

hotel chocolat chocs?
a poinsettia?

i pay my cleaner an extra week's wages, in effect paying her for the time she has off on christmas week. seems to go down well. plus something from hotel chocolat as she is into her chocolate!

ninawish Wed 26-Nov-14 10:56:04

I give mine double her normal pay for the Xmas week and chocs - I'm so grateful for her!

GirlAnachronism Thu 27-Nov-14 17:22:41

be careful about gifting poinsettias as they can be poisonous to any pets they may have

Lovelydiscusfish Thu 27-Nov-14 17:58:49

Vouchers - Boots, Next or similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now