Talk

Advanced search

nice places to eat near Victoria Station London.

(7 Posts)
MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 25-Nov-14 18:23:55

I am meeting friends next weekend for a pre Christmas / New Year meal. We are meeting near Victoria as its half way for all of us. I have never eaten near there so does anyone have any suggestions?

We would like somewhere quiet and not too busy so we can chat over a long lunch as we've not seen each other in ages.

RhubarbAndMustard Tue 25-Nov-14 18:27:30

Not too sure if will be quiet but I had a lovely Thai meal at The Mango Tree a few years back.

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 25-Nov-14 18:41:41

Thanks I will google it and suggest it to my friends. It doesn't need to be deathly quiet, just somewhere that isn't a culinary conveyor belt. A lot of London restaurants want you in and out. I went to Prezzo once and the waiter tried to takeaway my plate while I was still eating...twice!

namelessposter Tue 25-Nov-14 18:47:29

the Thomas Cubitt in Elizabeth street. . Great pub, always filled with sexy people to people-watch, and excellent cuisine.

TinTinsSexySister Tue 25-Nov-14 18:51:37

Thomas Cubitt is a good shout. Or The Phoenix? The Ebury? Boisdale? Quilon (but £££££)

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 25-Nov-14 18:54:22

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Keep them coming.
flowers

maradesbois Tue 25-Nov-14 18:58:58

Go a bit away from station into Belgravia as other posters have said. Apart from Thomas Cubitt and The Ebury already mentioned I would recommend OlivoMare on Lower Belgrave St and OlivoCarne on Elizabeth St.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now