Talk

Advanced search

Buffet food

(7 Posts)
ilovelamp82 Tue 25-Nov-14 14:02:54

Does anyone have any tips for where to get any particular buffet type items? I would love to just get the whole buffet section at M & S but it's a bit out of my budget although might get a few bits from there

Does anyone have any recommendations for bits they've had before from any of the other supermarkets?

Dancingqueen17 Tue 25-Nov-14 16:23:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caramelkate Tue 25-Nov-14 17:35:01

I tend to get the christmas catalogues and copy the ( simpler ) ideas at home. Things like Thai crab cakes are dead easy, and cheap. I have made lots of gourmet sausage rolls, with mustard, apple and other additions - took 5 mins. I am going to buy puddings though as they seem better value and are more fiddly (will make a trifle and cava jelly)

chanie44 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:05:07

I'm scared to say, but some of the Iceland party food is quite nice and is really good value.

I'm doing an Xmas eve buffet and will be buying a mixture of m&s and Icelanders.

ilovelamp82 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:10:31

I will be making some bits and bobs at home. Things that I can serve cold. But I quite liked the idea of the mini burgers or hot dogs and chicken. I want something that I can just bung in the oven, because I won't have much time to prepare it. But I want some that I know are going to taste nice.

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 25-Nov-14 18:36:34

Aldi & Lidl do nice buffet food. I do a 60% homemade and 40% bought mix for my buffets. As posters above have said, a lot can be replicated at home to keep costs down.

ilovelamp82 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:38:32

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I've been eyeing some stuff at Aldi. I'll give it a try

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now