Talk

Advanced search

Cheap stocking fillers for teenage boys - please help, I am at my wits' end.

(43 Posts)

I have three dses - 17, 19 and 21 (technically not a teenager, but still likes his stocking).

I always put the following in their stockings - new novelty socks, boxers, hot chocolate powder, mini marshmallows and squirty cream, some grooming product (Lynx shower gel, or some hair styling gunk), chocolate coins, smarties and a clementine.

This year, I have got them a jar each of white chocolate spread, and a pack of Top Trumps cards - and I am wondering if there is anything else inexpensive I could add to these, and the things above.

I don't know if they'd care if their stockings had basically the same stuff in each year, but it is bothering me - so I either need a grip (just for me) or some MN inspiration for them.

Leviticus Tue 25-Nov-14 10:49:14

I'd have been disappointed if I didn't get 'the usual' in my stocking as a teenager. Everything you've listed sounds great.

What you've already got sounds pretty good.

I have iron man cufflinks, a slytherin scarf and tie and some little figures of jawas from star wars for my Dp (24). All off ebay and under £4 each.

I also have a set of moleskine notebooks, some whiskey miniatures and some moisturiser and shaving cream from lush.

choccyp1g Tue 25-Nov-14 10:57:01

Tob of TwigletsTwiglets or Pringles?

Noellefielding Tue 25-Nov-14 10:57:35

That's loads!
you're fabulous, enough already they're v lucky imo!

choccyp1g Tue 25-Nov-14 10:57:42

Twiglets! So good I typed it twice!

Cuff links are a good idea - they all have posh shirts which need them, I think. Off to ebay I go!

Lush shaving cream sounds good too - I don't think I have done shaving cream before.

You are all lovely!

Badvocinapeartree Tue 25-Nov-14 12:23:35

Lush stuff is great smile
Cheap DVD? Amazon have some 3 for £10 ATM

clr2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 12:32:20

I've bought ds astronaut food - it Was £4 or £5 on ebay but has great novlety value (IMO!)

cosmetic lad moisturiser
Prince shaving cream I've bought these before. Dp loved them and I got to use them too.

There are usb cufflinks around too. I'll try and find a link.

Thanks to your suggestion, NotEven, I now have three pairs of car emblem cufflinks for the dses and a set of sixpence cufflinks from the year dh was born, for his stocking. And I have found Minion socks - so they are each getting a pair of those, too. I was going to trail round Primark, but since delivery costs a total of £2.25, and I'd spend more than that in petrol, I am happy to do my shopping from the comfort of my computer!

8gb usb cufflinks

A little pricey but do also wants this pocket lock picking tool

smile happy to help SDT. I love finding stocking fillers, it's my favourite bit of Christmas shopping.

NetballHoop Tue 25-Nov-14 12:42:30

Emergency phone charger?

Spotify gift card?

5446 Tue 25-Nov-14 12:44:10

What about those Jelly Belly car air fresheners?

About £2 on Amazon and, even if they don't have cars, they make bedrooms smell nice!

I've bought DBro (22) one and a phone charger key ring for £5 as little stocking fillers.

Also bought him an Xbox game of all the Sega classics we used to play as kids for about £10.

If they like football, the Class of 92 is about a fiver on DVD at the moment.

My DMum has gone quite old school and bought DBro a football annual for his stocking. He got one every year when he was younger.

Smallish presents I've bought for various male friends:

pop vinyls there are tons of various sizes. Geeky friend has agent Coulson from Shield.

victorinox credit card small credit card sized multitool.

Another friend has gotten a scrabble mug with his initial like Qs in skyfall.

wild and wolf scrabble mug.

More from me. I promise I'll stop after this.

Darth Vader Mr potato head

stormtrooper Mr potato head

DS1 has a Dr who (Matt Smith) one.

I definitely asked the right people! You are all inspired. thanks

I know I said I'd stop blush

But these guys are fab. posteritty. You could probably split the multi offer between recipients.
I've got the Sherlock and watson set.

thegreylady Tue 25-Nov-14 17:12:50

Key ring
Torch
Joke book
Puzzle
Novely tissues
Daft dvd
Pens
Pocket sized diary

DramaAlpaca Tue 25-Nov-14 17:17:26

Marking place for a few ideas to steal. Your stockings are similar to the ones I do for my three DSs, SDTG, and I could use some more inspiration too.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 25-Nov-14 17:24:39

Novelty USB memory stick

JellyBelly do joke flavours in various sized packs (think "Russian Roulette with Jelly Beans) - a good sweet shop should sell them. Beanboozled

Dr who where's wally?

Disclaimer - I buy for a lot of geeky men.

death star juggling balls

There's loads of stuff on truffleshuffle generally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now