Talk

Advanced search

What to get for 13yr old girl DCousin who is just started secondary school?

(10 Posts)
BiddyPop Tue 25-Nov-14 10:02:42

I have no idea!

I have a budget of roughly €20, her DM laughed at me for thinking so far ahead (so far ahead!! I am almost finished and wanted to get finished in the next 10 days).

For her birthday, I got 4 different colours of packs of gems to stick to fabric, so that she could personalise her coat, bag, etc. Not sticky ones, the ones with prongs at the back that stay put (so not a cheap present exactly even though small).

I got a good board game to play with the family last year. And a nice, teenager-y (rather than character) set of PJs and slippersocks the year before.

I have bought her 5 year old brother a lego set, and will probably get her 9 year old DSis sports stuff but 13 year old is losing interest in sports.

What is trendy rather than naff stuff from old fogie DCousin (who is practically treated as an aunt, as my DD is the same age as Dsis of this cousin - so THEY see themselves as cousins).

To further complicate matters, DD has bought a book for each of her cousins except 13 year old (cos she didn't know what book to get) but also something small to go with the books. So I will need to get something small from DD as well (probably in reality another €10-15).

So any ideas are gratefully received as to what would be good.

shopalot Tue 25-Nov-14 10:13:52

Having sat with a friends dd who is the same age at dinner on Friday and discussed the topic of Christmas at length!!!!!!!. I would either get some bath bombs, lip gloss etc from Lush. A lipstick from Mac or Bobbi Brown. A pandora charm-you don't need the bracelet as they can wear it on a chain or a piece of leather or similar. Or some perfume from Jack Wills or Superdry for example.

Any of the above would make a thirteen year old very happy! IMHO

BiddyPop Tue 25-Nov-14 10:25:46

Thanks Shopalot - that gives me a few ideas!!

crapfatbanana Tue 25-Nov-14 10:28:06

iTunes voucher?

BiddyPop Tue 25-Nov-14 11:06:51

I was pondering that banana, but our family are a "things" presents family rather than gift cards/vouchers. I may still go with that, but I will happily have a wander around Lush first (maybe one of their nice soaps, a scrub bar thing and a lip gloss) before I make up my mind.

I don't think she's into makeup yet, or jewellery - but I will certainly bear those ideas in mind for the next couple of years too. Or DD might get her a nice makeup/nail varnish type set.

Jinglebells99 Tue 25-Nov-14 11:19:21

The fault in the stars book or dvd. Hogwarts t shirt from new look. stuff from paper chase. silver pendant. my dd is nearly 13 and would like all of the above.

coffeetofunction Tue 25-Nov-14 12:04:45

Nice perfume, smellies, anything jack wills or superdry. Touch screen gloves for her phone, ear muffs that you use as head phones. A descent eye liner, good quality face products. River island purse, top shop jewellery/accessories. A onsie, boot slippers. Hair protecting spray with a new comb, curlers, nice Shampoo & conditioner, an oil treatment, hair spray, brush ect put together in a bag/box

IssyStark Tue 25-Nov-14 12:08:18

Stationary! You can get some lovely notebooks, pencils, files, stickers etc etc.

5446 Tue 25-Nov-14 12:38:52

Jack Wills book bags are on ASOS for about £9-12 at the moment.

I'm 25 and it's on my Christmas list!

BiddyPop Tue 25-Nov-14 12:40:33

Oooh, thank you for all these ideas!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now