Talk

Advanced search

A Girls World with good hair

(10 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Tue 25-Nov-14 07:25:43

DD (5) would like one of these, but she's more interested in hair than face! Looking for one that's stable when playing with it, happy to pay a bit more if it's worth it but if it will end up tangly anyway will go cheaper.

profpoopsnagle Tue 25-Nov-14 20:26:36

evening bump

123Jump Tue 25-Nov-14 21:13:50

Can't help with the new ones OP, but this has reminded me how much I loved my Girls World back in the 80s....

Pigleychez Tue 25-Nov-14 23:29:02

top tip for untangling hair on dolls like that (or any dolls with hair)

Get a little spray bottle and mix equal parts fabric conditioner and water. Spray on the hair and using a metal toothed wig brush (few pounds on Ebay) brush from the bottom of the hair working up.
Works a treat! Doesn't turn into a massive frizz ball!

CurlyWurlyCake Tue 25-Nov-14 23:33:35

I'm buying this

No other head has made the grad in this house.

QuicheMama Wed 26-Nov-14 07:28:19

Wow Curly! I would have never thought of getting one of them! I think I may just have to now.

WindUpBird Wed 26-Nov-14 11:11:13

I got one from John Lewis last year for £15. DD loves it and has used it a lot. The hair is still in good condition and hasn't matted at all. I liked the fact the face was more 'natural' looking than some.

profpoopsnagle Wed 26-Nov-14 21:04:34

Curly, that's good idea. I think DH would like that too- he's always doing the girls hair!

CurlyWurlyCake Wed 26-Nov-14 21:32:09

I. Actually buying two (I have 3 girls) because I can here the "it's my tuuuuurrrnnnn" and "shaaaaaaare nicely" for the next year smile

I'm assuming they can attach it to the bed frame and copy youtube vines.

SocialButterfly Thu 27-Nov-14 08:26:52

Was just coming on to say buy a training head, I got one for dd's 8th birthday and she loves it. Much better than girls world etc and the one I got was cheaper too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now