Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for 5yo DD

(15 Posts)
SunsineAndRainbows Mon 24-Nov-14 22:39:45

Could someone please help with some gift ideas for a nearly 5 year old, as I have no clue what to get DD this year.

She currently likes playing with

- barbies
- dolls house with Sylvanian families animals
- toy kitchen, dolls, role play toys.

Every time I ask her what she wants she says "a mermaid, and not a toy one mummy a real one" confused

Last year she got spoilt so has the usual things like bike, scooter, dolls buggy etc.

Thanks in advance.

duplodon Mon 24-Nov-14 23:18:52

Playbook campervan. Dirt cheap today. I have been reading rave reviews of it on this forum.

duplodon Mon 24-Nov-14 23:19:14

Erm, playmobil campervan.

Shamazeballs Mon 24-Nov-14 23:23:49

DD (5 in June) has got

A real camera (£20 off amazon)
Baby annabell
Playmobil camper
Monster high doll
Gardening tools
Craft box
Design a friend doll
Singing bird thing
Anna dress
Pinypon campervan
Snow glow Elsa

Not all from me!

1122christy Tue 25-Nov-14 12:46:19

What about robo mermaid? Iv got my daughters these. Basically same as robo fish but mermaids around £8. Activate in water. Iv got them one each for playing in bath but u can buy a mermaid tank about £20.
www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/search/?q=Robo%20mermaid#1&profile=UK

Other things Iv got for them is
Bike
Leapfrog scribble and write
Nerf
Make up stuff
Dance & fly fairy

SunsineAndRainbows Tue 25-Nov-14 15:41:13

Posted a reply but it ain't showing up...

Playmobil campervan sounds like something she would really like, do you think it would work with her Sylvanian animals, would they fit in it ok?

Hadn't thought of a real camera, we did look at a hello kitty one in the summer but it didn't look too good and was only 1.3mp, maybe a real one would be a good idea as she does like taking photos on my phone.

Ah robo mermaid looks pretty good! I have a big smyths near me so will go over in Friday and get one I think!

Thanks again! thanks

Quokka12 Tue 25-Nov-14 15:55:41

Robo mermaids are 2 for �15 in tesco at the moment.

Dd (turning 5 at christmas) so joint christmas/bd

tablet (DH and I are bickering he wants to buy a leapfrog and I want either ipad mini or kindle fire)
pjs
party dress
a stretchkin (bizarrely only advert she responds to)
marble run
knex
child's jewellery
child weapons for karate weapon work

SunsineAndRainbows Tue 25-Nov-14 19:18:26

Quokka

I agree with you about tablet - DD prefers the apps on my ipad and uses that way more the tablet she had, it was a innotab one so not the same as a leapfrog but there's just so many apps on the ipad and the other various things.

I'll check out tesco for robo mermaids - thank you!

Marble run is something DD might like, thanks for that!

threepiecesuite Tue 25-Nov-14 19:27:44

DD, 5 in Feb getting:

Baby Born Interactive doll
Playmobil campervan
Asda dolls house
Stretchkin
Elsa dress
Little Live birds
Scribble on me My Little Pony
Onesie with matching onesie for dolly
Mandala designer
Stocking full of Claires Accessories bits she has admired

Trampoline for birthday and Monster High dolls ( I hate them so I said wait til she's 5)

Quokka12 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:36:19

Thanks sunshine - I think leapfrog are kind of the tablet parents buy who feel a bit guilty about getting a tablet so get the 'worthy' one - rather she had something we could add films, music, photos etc and v v v v v slowly introduce her to the internet.

We found the bright minds website useful for ideas it is v pricy but you can find most of the stuff cheaper elsewhere.

threepiecesuite Wed 26-Nov-14 08:25:03

Ha, you're spot on about Leappads being worthy.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Wed 26-Nov-14 08:59:28

3piecesuit- where did you get the scribble on me my little pony please?? Do you know if they do others other than pinky pie and rainbow dash?? I was looking at doodle bears but mlp loving dd with think these are ace

threepiecesuite Wed 26-Nov-14 09:35:21

Have only seen Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, Wilko £10 or Amazon £12.99.

SunsineAndRainbows Wed 26-Nov-14 19:05:47

Quokka - yeah it's great that she can watch the odd film on the ipad, she has a playlist of her favourite songs on it too, plus I've managed to find some really good educational apps.

The my little pony sounds good!

Thank you for all the ideas it has really helped! I was just at a total blank this year thanks

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Wed 26-Nov-14 19:24:45

Thanks threepiecesuit will get ordering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now