Talk

Advanced search

Secret Santa help please

(15 Posts)
Shamazeballs Mon 24-Nov-14 20:37:00

I've drawn out a lady that has stumped me. She's around mid 30s, Muslim and pregnant (rules out wine there!)

Budget is £5-10. I don't really know much about her. She keeps herself to herself a great deal although she is very nice we just don't have a lot in common.

What can I get her?

acsec Mon 24-Nov-14 20:41:21

A lovely scarf to wear as a head scarf? A pretty evening bag? A sparkly compact mirror?

Don't know why I felt I had to question mark them all!

How about my Secret Santa - early 20s girl, quite fashionable, size 8/10. £10 budget.

poorbuthappy Mon 24-Nov-14 20:43:44

Lovely mug. But then that's my go to present for everyone. grin

ClashCityRocker Mon 24-Nov-14 20:45:11

I'd go for a nice scarf or gloves.

Or biscuits or some sort of sweet thing from Marks and Sparks.

Or a nice stationery set.

SoMuchForSubtlety Mon 24-Nov-14 20:48:55

iTunes voucher if either has an iThing?

Box of posh chocolates?

ASOS or House of Fraser or John Lewis accessories section filtered to your price range and see where it takes you?

Mini hamper (get a small basket and make your own hamper with mini versions of normal hamper things)?

Shamazeballs Mon 24-Nov-14 20:56:24

Stationery may be a good choice. We work in childcare so lots of note taking!

She does like scarves (doesn't wear a headscarf). I'll have to spy on her and see if she mentions things she likes. The suggestions are very helpful.

Shamazeballs Mon 24-Nov-14 20:57:01

acsec clothes voucher?

sliceofsoup Mon 24-Nov-14 21:03:01

I am crap at secret santas so I have no suggestions but I need help with one.

28 ish year old accountant, just had a baby and bought a house. She is a relative but I have no idea what to get her because I don't really know her. Budget £15 but I will go over.

Was going to say a scarf but have been beaten to it. Think that would be perfect.

Early 20s fashionable girl - mug with a Starbucks voucher and some choc in?

Just had baby person - bottle of wine and a pair of lovely glasses?

acsec Mon 24-Nov-14 21:16:48

Thanks I'll give it some thought and also keep my eye on her.

makemineapinot Mon 24-Nov-14 22:29:52

Lovely notebook if you have lots of note taking at work? is there a local beauty place that would do a nail polish or hand treatment for £10? Magazine, bubble bath and small box of chocs (as mini bottle of wine isn't an option) for a night in? Some sort of mum to be moisturiser?

makemineapinot Mon 24-Nov-14 22:31:28

Just gad a baby person, get her a voucher for a pedicure or so etching and offer to babysit - would have loved that! Or a bottle of wine and voucher for fave takeaway place as it gives her a night off from cooking!

Mrsgrumble Mon 24-Nov-14 23:05:37

For the person who has bought a new home and has a baby - search amazon for children's bookends

Or cath kidson do a bottle holder - I love it

Zara home do a mum and me frame that is lovely

Next do a gold frankinscense candle for about 8 pound

sliceofsoup Tue 25-Nov-14 12:43:40

Ooh some great suggestions! Thanks.

BlueChampagne Tue 25-Nov-14 13:40:25

Fancy tights?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now