Talk

Advanced search

17 year old gf

(17 Posts)
Eastwickwitch Mon 24-Nov-14 18:43:21

DS has a charming GF. It's a new relationship & I don't want to embarrass her but it would be nice to put something under the tree.
What do cool 17 year old like?

MirandaGoshawk Mon 24-Nov-14 18:46:46

I have inflicted all sorts of classic fiction on my DS's lovely GF grin. She had never heard of most of it but really enjoyed 'Rebecca'.

But you would be better off finding out what she likes. Something from Top Shop or River Island - a necklace?

SpottyTeacakes Mon 24-Nov-14 18:47:10

How much were you planning on spending? Does she wear make up? Something by benefit or soap and glory?

flipchart Mon 24-Nov-14 18:50:30

I have bought DS's girlfriend a necklace. It's so nice I keep thinking of keeping it for myself and getting her something else!

Eastwickwitch Mon 24-Nov-14 18:53:48

Thanks for the replies.
She seems a girly girl, Benefit sounds a good idea. I thought about £12, hope that doesn't make me look stingy.

pinkbear82 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:56:03

Can I just say how lovely you all are! Whatever you get I am sure she will be touched at your thoughtfulness.

LineRunner Mon 24-Nov-14 18:59:26

My teenagers always want spare headphones. The in-ear ones like Gummy are colourful and about seven to ten quid. Asda sell them so they must be easy to find in other shops.

evertonmint Mon 24-Nov-14 19:04:18

I don't think that's stingy at all. I'm sure she'll be touched that you thought of her.

I'd go with Benefit I think.

SpottyTeacakes Mon 24-Nov-14 19:05:27

Benefit is quite pricey.

Soap and glory might be better. Whatever you get it's really kind of you smile

Eastwickwitch Mon 24-Nov-14 19:11:18

Thanks so much.
I've spotted some 'They're real' mascara that looks good.

SpottyTeacakes Mon 24-Nov-14 19:26:38

That's what I use. I would be really pleased with that for a gift (although I'm a bit older than 17!)

Boots were doing tiny Benefit sets with a couple of minis in for just under a tenner. One of those would be perfect, as she'd get to try out two or three products.

Ducky5867 Mon 24-Nov-14 19:43:47

How confident is she in herself? She may take make-up gift as a hint that she doesn't wear enough / look good enough for your DS! Or that could just be me recalling what I was like at 17!

I would go for headphones I idea

dylsmimi Mon 24-Nov-14 19:46:58

Body shop had something similar to the benetint stuff in a cool bottle that looked like a face. That was much cheaper.
maybe some nice chocolates? That's always a safe (ish) bet!
she will just be pleased you have made an effort

Eastwickwitch Mon 24-Nov-14 19:48:03

She definitely wears makeup, although doesn't need it as she's absolutely gorgeous. I understand your thinking but something generic like mascara couldn't cause offence.
Like the headphones idea too.

gingerbreadmam Mon 24-Nov-14 19:51:25

there were some make up brushes on amazon black friday deals today...real techniques or something? think they were £10 and are normally around £20 - £30. ive seen people raving about them somewhere.

nice pressie if she likes make up. its a lovely idea to get her something too aww!

Liveinthepresent Mon 24-Nov-14 20:13:49

I have been told its top shop or lush that are likely winning 'brands' at this age. Lush have some gorgeous gift sets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now