Talk

Advanced search

What lego sets are your 4yo dd's (or nieces etc) getting this year?

(14 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 24-Nov-14 18:15:22

I've no idea what to get my dd confused She's been playing with dd1's lego a lot lately.

VoyagesOfAStarship Mon 24-Nov-14 18:17:30

Anything with animals, Lego movie or spongebob characters! There are nice vet sets with lots of little animals. Haven't bought yet but I'm considering spongebob.

Reiltin Mon 24-Nov-14 18:18:04

Ours has asked for Lego Friends

VanillaKip Mon 24-Nov-14 18:22:41

I have been thinking I might suggest grandparents get DD a little Lego set if they ask - she's three. I think a big set would be too much for her to build, and I don't really like the princess castle one with the slide, and she isn't into batman or spiderman.

So I think I will either suggest the young builders fire station set with the slide, or couple of tiny city ones, as that way there won't be too many instructions. I have seen a city one with a fireman and a cat stuck up a tree, which I quite like the look of.

chanie44 Mon 24-Nov-14 18:31:01

I bought a set of Lego for £15 from asda over the summer. It's a cube of around 500 pieces, with lots of different shapes.

I thought it was a nice starter set for ds, who will be 4.5, as there are some simple things to build, plus the opportunity for him to use his imagination.

AppleAndBlackberry Mon 24-Nov-14 19:01:10

Rapunzel, spiderman and possibly batman duplo.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Mon 24-Nov-14 19:08:08

Lego juniors pony farm- about £18 on amazon and regular sized lego just a bit easier. There is a lovely looking tree house if that's her kind of thing. Also getting the ariel and Merida princess sets

eeyoreeeyoreoh Mon 24-Nov-14 19:25:43

Mine is still at the Duplo stage. Have got her this

Cocolate Mon 24-Nov-14 19:26:30

Lego City Police Station

BrieAndChilli Mon 24-Nov-14 19:28:48

Ds2 has the duplo safari set. He plays the duplo safari game on the iPad then acts it out with the actual duplo!

pregnantpause Mon 24-Nov-14 19:38:12

I've plumped for wilkos lego- they do some really nice sets at a third of the price- and it fits with real lego if she gets into later on.

I've got mine a fire engine and fire station, and a stable and pony set.

lucysmam Mon 24-Nov-14 19:51:29

Thank you! Something with little figures would be a good idea I think, she likes little figures atm. Will check out Wilko stuff first tomorrow while I'm in town (didn't know they did own brand lego) and see if there's something suitable.

lucysmam Mon 24-Nov-14 19:54:53

Have just had a quick look at the Lego Juniors ones on amazon as well, she (I) could build her own figures with that.

I'll have to have a better look and see what's about smile

MrsDumbledore Mon 24-Nov-14 20:17:24

Dd will be 5 a few days before xmas. She will be getting the lego cinderella castle, A lego little mermaid set and the lego juniors batman set ( for variety! )
Last year she had a big box of generic lego cubes -600 pieces
That's been played with loads bu dd and dh! We added to it in the summer with the £15 asda set chanie mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now