Talk

Advanced search

£5 budget for boyfriend and stuck for ideas!

(6 Posts)
WhoeverYouWantMeToBe Mon 24-Nov-14 09:25:18

My boyfriend is pretty strapped for cash so he suggested a £5 budget on pressie for each other. He rarely buys himself anything so I would like to get something useful and nice, rather than silly/funny but £5 is such a limited amount. We are going on holiday next year and he's said something handy for the holiday would be good like a passport holder but I am stuck, everything I've seen that I like is way more than £5.
Help!

Lifesalemon Mon 24-Nov-14 09:32:54

Do you have a TKMaxx nearby. They often have things like that, also Studio had some personalised passport holders reduced to less then a fiver. Not sure if they still have stock but might be worth a look.

TheAlias Mon 24-Nov-14 09:36:47

Did he suggest the passport holder? IME that's just "stuff" that clutters up the house and doesn't serve any useful purpose. So I wouldn't spend the precious £5 on that, unless of course you now he's always had a burning desire for one.

When we very very very broke one year I bought DH a coconut and some beer. He loves coconut and we were soooo broke that both those items were proper luxuries and he loved them.

Unexpected Mon 24-Nov-14 09:44:20

Not sure I would bother with the passport holder either. if you mean a cover for a passport, immigration will usually make you remove the passport from the cover anyway so it's useless.

Unexpected Mon 24-Nov-14 09:45:24

If he wants something for the holiday, what about flip flops or a t-shirt? You can certainly get both from Primark under that price or possibly TK Maxx.

losthermind Mon 24-Nov-14 10:01:44

Go onto the poundworld website they Have a twin pack of passport covers
Poundland have a mini milk tray in,after eights, Thorntons premium treats and toblerone
They have different kinds of photo frames you could buy and stick a pic of the pair of you in it
That leaves you a pound for wrapping paper or a big gift bag and a pound for a card

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now