Talk

Advanced search

Best bike for a 5 year old?

(5 Posts)
RoseberryTopping Sun 23-Nov-14 08:53:51

DS is desperate for a red bike, but I'm totally clueless about bikes! What sort of thing should I be looking for? He likes to go fast and won't want something hard to peddle.
I've got a £50 Amazon voucher so would rather get it from there if possible. Any ideas?

Altinkum Sun 23-Nov-14 09:03:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeanwhileHighAboveTheField Mon 24-Nov-14 11:52:32

How tall is he and what is your budget?

RoseberryTopping Mon 24-Nov-14 15:54:01

Are those huffy bikes generally quite good then? I'm keen to avoid getting a really heavy one like some of the ones I've seen at the park.

Budget is £100 max, preferably available from Amazon. I need to measure him but he's about average 4 and a half year old size.

Artistic Mon 24-Nov-14 16:03:16

The best lightweight bike you can get are Islabikes. But they are expensive!! You might get a second hand one on eBay though. Let me warn you though that even second hand ones are quite expensive. But they are SO worth the price. Absolutely lightweight & beautifully designed - my DD learnt to ride it almost in a day and loves riding coz of it being so smooth & light.

They do have a lovely red!

You can call them for advise - they are very helpful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: