Talk

Advanced search

M&S Turkey Crown - what/why/how/when????! Help!!!

(7 Posts)
OhMittens Sat 22-Nov-14 22:14:49

Can someone talk me though a M&S turkey crown, pleeeease?!

How many do you need to feed 10 people?

Do you have to pre-order them from store in advance?

Do you just - put it in the oven like it's a ready meal?! (ie no basting/preparation?!?

I don't know anything about them! I just know that that's what I need to get for Christmas dinner!! (I am in charge of bringing and cooking turkey at sister's house this year!)

Any advise gratefully received!

OhMittens Sat 22-Nov-14 22:29:29

Um. Just answered my own questions by looking online!

However, is it best to have the turkey crown in a few days earlier, or order it for 23rd Dec collection?

schmeegle Sat 22-Nov-14 22:34:39

In the same boat myself Ohmittens.

If say get it as close the Christmas as possible.

schmeegle Sat 22-Nov-14 22:35:27

I'd say

OhMittens Sat 22-Nov-14 22:57:28

I thought so too schmeegle... but then I worried, what IF there was a problem with the order ie no turkey.... then I thought, if I did a colleciton date three days before and there was no turkey in the order there's hardly any chance of getting one anywhere else with three days notice as they will all be sold/pre-orders... but then I could probably at least buy a meat alternative... arrgh... I'm feeling the responsibility!!!!

Chillycamper Sat 22-Nov-14 23:04:43

The M&S order and collect is a massive operation. I usually collect mine Christmas Eve, early. There are always loads of people there. It's like a military operation and I'm sure if there was a problem with your order they would fine you an alternative.

And I don't work for them honest!

Mrsgrumble Sat 22-Nov-14 23:08:07

M&s are very reliable but also try your local independant butcher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now