Talk

Advanced search

If I've finished buying for ds, am I at risk...

(16 Posts)
Ownerofalittlechimp Sat 22-Nov-14 16:14:05

from the twitch????

Fairly certain am all done for ds (with exception of stocking sweets) but am fearful the twitch will get me!

DillydollyRIP Sat 22-Nov-14 16:27:26

It gets all of us sooner or later.
I've just done an additional order from Smyths because ds2's pile didn't look big enough when I laid it out on the bed yesterday.

Hide your purse, it's the only way.

Sirzy Sat 22-Nov-14 16:42:31

I finished for DS about 3 weeks back. A toys r us order to appeared on my doorstep yesterday blush

KinkyDoritoWithJingleBellsOn Sat 22-Nov-14 16:44:23

I finished over a month ago and I'm already twitching like mad. Bloody twitch.

DillydollyRIP Sat 22-Nov-14 16:45:02

I'm not sure finishing christmas shopping early helps really, gives the twitch more time to grow!

Memphisbelly Sat 22-Nov-14 16:45:37

I finished ds last week and today a box arrived with sticker book and puzzles in I also got a message from Next to say some boys pjs had arrived for collection blush

GoofyIsACow Sat 22-Nov-14 16:48:50

Yes, I have just finished for all three of my DS's I am fearful of the twitch!

fuzzpig Sat 22-Nov-14 16:50:45

I've been delaying the bulk of my shopping this year in the hope of avoiding the twitch!

KinkyDoritoWithJingleBellsOn Sat 22-Nov-14 16:52:09

I've spent less this year and I know it won't look like much. I don't want the stuff, I don't want the clutter, his birthday is the week before and he will get loads of stuff BUT I am still stumbling onto Argos looking for other bits. What is wrong with me???!!

BedPig2013 Sat 22-Nov-14 17:05:35

I've finished dds a couple of weeks ago, I'm not feeling the twitch yet because I'm now finding ideas for her birthday in February but I'm sure I'll probably see a few bits in the shops between now and Christmas that she absolutely needs wink

Ownerofalittlechimp Sat 22-Nov-14 17:39:00

In theory I should be ok as all toy ages children are bought for so only need to be looking at teen & adults stuff. But still, I know I will have a twitch on some level!

fuzzpig Sun 23-Nov-14 09:13:27

In a way I'm kind of anti-twitching this year. I've always added loads to amazon wishlists throughout the year but normally have bought a lot more by now. This year I'm having trouble deciding what to actually spend money on!

marne2 Sun 23-Nov-14 09:22:29

I have twitched several times already and with Black Friday coming up im sure I will twitch again. I had finished the dd's and managed to keep it to a reasonable amount unlike previous years, now it's looking like previous years with piles of toys bought at bargain prices ( not really what I wanted as we don't have the room ).

DillydollyRIP Sun 23-Nov-14 11:32:12

Twitching again, worried ds1 now has less than ds2!
I like their present piles to look evenish...

ipswichwitch Sun 23-Nov-14 12:11:37

I've finished both DS's so I've now banned myself from entering toy shops or toy sections in supermarkets. Let's see how long that lasts .....

Sootgremlin Sun 23-Nov-14 12:12:15

I was finished really early to spread the cost, got a lot of it with vouchers and offers. I really hate them having too much as it doesn't get concentrated on properly and it get get a bit much for everyone.

BUT, despite this, I feel I say no all year and find it so hard to stop seeing things I think they would like!

I had 2 twitches, and managed to contain them, one made use of the clubcard boost and didn't spend much, and the second time just impulse bought a half-price tractor set. That is the end, I have started focussing on food, decorations and Christmas crafts. Toys are finished. Finished.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now