Talk

Advanced search

Christmas films that don't mention FC maybe not being real!

(25 Posts)
LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 22-Nov-14 09:43:58

So many films include the possibility that Father Christmas might not be real, or some of the characters don't believe in him... can you suggest some that are totally safe?! DS is just beginning to have a few questions about FC - he's only 7 and I'm not ready to give this one up yet smile

everydayaschoolday Sat 22-Nov-14 10:07:08

The Snowman
Father Christmas (Raymond Briggs short film)
Frosty The Snowman
Micky's Once Upon a Christmas
Muppets Christmas Carol

Although I think some of these might not mention FC at all.

NorwaySpruce Sat 22-Nov-14 13:28:19

Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Home Alone.

Christmas with the Kranks has some funny bits.

A Christmas Carol/Muppets Christmas Carol.

Definitely not Gremlins... I'd forgotten about the unfortunate Santa reference in that until it was too late fblush

KnittedJimmyChoos Sat 22-Nov-14 13:33:34

I am glad you mentioned this op, they do seem to be based on biased that he isnt real and they are proving he is, really bloody annoying!

disneymum3 Sat 22-Nov-14 14:22:05

The grinch

slightlyworriednc Sat 22-Nov-14 14:30:11

Elf!

kiwidreamer Sat 22-Nov-14 14:50:08

Arthur Christmas is the best. I bought Polar Express to watch over the season but am now not sure about the references to not believing / proving he's real etc... I suspect it will plant a seed with DS who is youngest in his Yr 2 class and already has several kids claiming they know the truth --not to mention the religious kids whose parents expect us to respect their beliefs but refuse to do the same with the FC traditions--

MamaPizza Sat 22-Nov-14 15:54:47

Fred Claus is a safe choice

And even though Miracle on 34th Street has non-believers in it, it all ends well.

RunawayReindeer Sat 22-Nov-14 16:37:35

Be really careful with mickeys once upon a Christmas as it has a whole episode devoted to maxi not believing in fc hmm twice upon a Christmas is safe though

unclerory Sat 22-Nov-14 16:38:26

Elf!

But ELf is completely based on the fact that most human adults don't believe in FC. So not good for LOs who haven't come across that suggestion yet.

The following are all fine:
Annabelle's wish
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Nightmare Before Christmas

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 22-Nov-14 16:49:18

Thanks everyone, some good ideas there. I'd forgotten all about Arthur Christmas; that was a great film!

curiousgeorgie Sat 22-Nov-14 18:31:12

We watched Elf yesterday and my 4 year old was really alarmed when Buddy wrestles 'Santa' to the ground shouting about him not being real.

Miracle on 34th Street made her ask me 'Is Santa real?' And she's only 4!!! Damn.

giantfloorpuzzle Sat 22-Nov-14 20:05:00

The only christmassy films that ds (8) has seen are the Grinch and The Snowman. All the others seem to raise the possibility of no FC! He is completely unquestioning and I'd rather avoid him considering it for another year.

Gruntbaby Sat 22-Nov-14 20:06:39

Muppets Christmas Carol. Probably the best film ever - funny for everyone, though the Ghost of Xmas yet to come is Dementor-like scary.

everydayaschoolday Sat 22-Nov-14 20:18:30

Oh sorry about Once Upon a Christmas. I must have missed that episode blush. Thanks Runaway Reindeer

RunawayReindeer Sat 22-Nov-14 21:45:23

It sneaked up on me too! But I love it so much I let it ride fwink

CaptainAnkles Sat 22-Nov-14 21:48:51

I like Miracle on 34th Street but I haven't let DD watch it because I don't want her to have to think about people not believing just yet.
Muppets Christmas Carol doesn't have any Santa, watch that. smile

soverylucky Sat 22-Nov-14 21:49:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IneedAwittierNickname Sat 22-Nov-14 21:50:28

When Santa Fell to Earth.
(I'm fairly sure it's about real santa(s)

Needingsomeadvice Sat 22-Nov-14 21:55:52

Yes was going to jump up and yell "Noooooo!"to once upon a Christmas as there is one segment that has doubt.

There is a rather nice (bit tacky and cringy for grown-ups but kids like) one called Santa Paws (or something) which is good.

MARGUERITE18 Sat 22-Nov-14 23:18:45

robbie the reindeer, white christmas, santa and pete, santa buddies, snow buddies, snowdogs, my dogs christmas miracle, winnie the pooh xmas, rudolph the red nose reindeer, frozen, scrooge, the dog who saved christmas

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 22-Nov-14 23:42:30

The Muppet one - would a just-turned 7yo understand the humour? I haven't watched it in years... I do remember LOLing at the 'Heatwave' bit though smile

MARGUERITE18 Sun 23-Nov-14 08:35:14

Honestly I think you should allow Elf, Miracle.., polar express etc. Kids at school unless he is home educated will already be spreading disbelief but films like these empower believing and show that those who don't believe are the mistaken ones.

smile

ScrabbledLeggsAndToes Mon 24-Nov-14 18:05:37

Blizzard- Whoopi Goldberg voices the reindeer called Blizzard. £1.50 in CeX. It is on Amazon for a lot more £, but it is not worth that much.

Second Star to the Left - This is a short film though.

inchoccyheaven Mon 24-Nov-14 19:32:38

Definitely Arthur Christmas I really like that film grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now