Talk

Advanced search

What can I get my cleaner?

(10 Posts)
AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Fri 21-Nov-14 21:36:57

She's not interested in cleaning and not very good at it either. So no cleaning references in the present please. I think we'd both like to forget her cleaning for one day.

She's Scottish (pro independence though lives in London with no intention of returning home post independence), very miserable in her personal life and 41. She could do with a nice present. I'd like to get her something really nice.

Budget £5-£10.

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Fri 21-Nov-14 21:39:10

Really lovely hand cream l'occatane or similar? And a bottle of wine or chocolates?

Chottie Sat 22-Nov-14 05:34:40

I would second either really nice and gift wrapped hand cream or bubble bath or body lotion. Something just for her.

Taffeta Sat 22-Nov-14 07:31:38

My cleaner gets £20 in a card.

OverAndAbove Sat 22-Nov-14 09:16:11

Yes mine gets money too. TBH if she wasn't very good at cleaning I probably wouldn't bother - for me it's more of a tip than a gift!

DamselNotInHerDress Sat 22-Nov-14 09:33:53

A big tip and a big round 3 wick candle - she was admiring mine! (At least I thought she was, it'll backfire on her if she was only being polite grin )
Your cleaner sounds a bit, er, rubbish? Why keep her?

WreckTheHalls Sat 22-Nov-14 12:37:49

I pop £20 quid in a card and give chocs, but my cleaner is ACE.

RJnomore Sat 22-Nov-14 12:40:12

A p45?

Why on earth are you employing her?

ladydepp Sat 22-Nov-14 15:47:11

Um - as RJnomore says - why on earth are you employing her?

Is she family?

FWIW I give my cleaner a week's wages in a card plus small present/voucher/tenner for her little boy. But my cleaner is fab!

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Nov-14 16:07:27

I also give my cleaner a weeks wages in a card, but she is a good cleaner and very reliable.

You sound really kind, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now