Talk

Advanced search

I need new tree lights....they all seem to be LED.

(12 Posts)
bryonyelf Fri 21-Nov-14 18:31:55

Are LED lights good? I want bright white or clear lights but there are so many ranging from coloured to warm!

bryonyelf Fri 21-Nov-14 18:32:14

Oh and I have a 7ft tree to cover.

RunawayReindeer Fri 21-Nov-14 18:46:27

I tend to use two strings of leds so it doesn't look sparse over my 7 footer - i think they look fine as our tree is covered with tat various baubles, crackers, chocolate and artwork (dd 4) but there are many that prefer the twinkly effect from bulbed lights
They are more poncetastic fgrin

Also I prefer warm white over stark white but surely it's colours for a tree non?

NotTheKitchenAgainPlease Fri 21-Nov-14 21:44:46

Definitely go for warm white. The white is just too harsh. I prefer LED lights. Apparently they're safer and there's no faffing about looking for a blown bulb with them either.
Argos have them
On sale at the moment.

18yearstooold Fri 21-Nov-14 21:53:05

LEDs are much better, they don't get hot and the bulbs don't come loose/blow etc

I prefer warm white, it's more the colour of traditional Christmas lights

HolgerDanske Fri 21-Nov-14 22:05:19

Warm white, definitely.

LuckyCharms Fri 21-Nov-14 22:14:44

I really dislike LED lights They're too bright and give off a weird unnatural light. We bought some last year but had to return.

We got some old-fashioned instead, we had trouble finding them but got some coloured ones from argos in the end, they were really cheap.

evelynj Fri 21-Nov-14 22:15:28

Ooh light experts-I bought some indoor/outdoor lights but just noticed the instructions say the control/transformer needs to be inside-so does this mean I can't use the outdoor plug? Does anyone have any outdoor fairy light recommendations?

18yearstooold Fri 21-Nov-14 23:00:49

You can get one of these to put your transformer in

bryonyelf Sat 22-Nov-14 08:23:50

Thanks. Will look at LED lights.

pregnantpause Sat 22-Nov-14 09:20:45

I love mine- warm white- we were very reluctantly forced into them last year, our traditional White had gone suddenly mid December when there was an apparent run on Christmas lights. After four stores these two packs of led warm whites were my last option. I haven't regretted it- they look lovely never blow and come in one long reel, instead of the double reel thing my old ons came in ( which always got tangled )

I have two sets to cover my 7 ft tree as I like the lights to be everywhere and not sparse.

The only thing I miss is when a bulb flickers every now and then on the old type. Led don't flicker ( when about to blowwink)

Thudercatsrule Sat 22-Nov-14 17:23:04

I wrap the middle of my tree with led lights, as it like my tree to glow...and then I put the soft traditional lights everywhere else, in total I've got about a 1000 lights on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now