Talk

Advanced search

Skylanders - a game/interactive that's not Wii/Nintendo??

(8 Posts)
BunnyMama Fri 21-Nov-14 11:33:54

I'm looking for a game of some sort that's Skylanders but that isn't linked to a games console (we don't have one and are trying to avoid it for at least another year....)

Does anyone know of anything? I think I'm thinking of a Leapfrog type thing, something that stands alone but is still Skylanders? Many thanks for suggestions.

neddle Fri 21-Nov-14 12:41:04

The latest version has a set to use on a tablet, not sure which one though.

marne2 Fri 21-Nov-14 13:09:12

I think the new skylanders are made for the iPad and android, I may be wrong but I'm sure I saw it advertised yesterday.

marne2 Fri 21-Nov-14 13:10:35

here

jThompson Fri 21-Nov-14 17:22:03

If you are wanting something without the actual game there are quite a few mega bloks sets, Amazon have them and I saw a few in home bargains the other day too.

DS also has a couple of the story books, I can't say they are great literature but finding things he'll read himself is pretty tough.

Our local pound shop has a few jigsaws and bits too (in face I think that's where I got the books a few months ago)

BunnyMama Sat 22-Nov-14 21:43:52

Thank you all very much smile

I have looked at the Megabloks games and I think that'll be good, I think I was hoping there was some sort of Skylanders console instead of games which are loaded into other systems. But there isn't! It's no bad thing though.

youbethemummylion Sun 23-Nov-14 08:55:27

If you want your kids to have Skylanders what's the problem with the console. You could get a cheap second hand Wii and skylanders and just not buy any other games for it. Hey presto a skylanders console.

OhMittens Sun 23-Nov-14 12:45:20

yoube the DCs have controlled use of the ipad and that can create enough problems in itself (getting too attached, "just one more game" etc etc). I just don't want my DS to get into computer games too that take up the TV. Maybe when he's a bit older (he's 6). I don't mind him liking things like Skylanders and I wouldn't mind a small hand-held thing (like a DS) which I can control easily, but bigger systems I'm trying to avoid at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now