Talk

Advanced search

is she too young for a CD micro system?

(12 Posts)
NamesNick Fri 21-Nov-14 11:26:33

dd is 4, loves music and likes to dance/listen to it.

is she too young to have a cd player in her bedroom?

I was also thinking of buying storybook cds too?

unsure reallyconfused

Tinkerisdead Fri 21-Nov-14 11:27:53

My dd had one at 4 (nearly 6 now) shes used it for two years listening to story cd's and one direction!

Hakluyt Fri 21-Nov-14 11:33:08

Why would she be to young?

But why not get her some sort of MP3 player? Then you can download lots of fantastic free music and stories.

GerrardWinstanley Fri 21-Nov-14 11:37:01

Both my girls have had CD players at 4 and both loved them. Do NOT make the rookie error of also buying the Frozen CD though grin

morethanpotatoprints Fri 21-Nov-14 12:13:09

My dd had a pink/white karaoke machine and microphone/ cd player at this age. Made by Goodwins it lasted a good few years.

As your dd loves singing and listening to music I think this would be ideal, it wasn't cheap but as a main present was fine.

morethanpotatoprints Fri 21-Nov-14 12:13:40

I think it came from Argos. thanks

PrincessOfChina Fri 21-Nov-14 12:15:34

DD had one last year which we need t upgrade as it's broken. She loves it though.

SavoyCabbage Fri 21-Nov-14 12:17:55

Not at all although I recommend trying to get one where you have to push a button to open the door rather than one where you pull it open yourself.

Is it called a door? Lid?

NamesNick Fri 21-Nov-14 12:21:12

thanks everyone.
think I will get her some sort of sound system for her room

particularly for listening to stories as I think it may assist her SALT development

Pigleychez Fri 21-Nov-14 12:26:08

My Daughters (age 4 and 6) each have this cd player from Argos.

They find it easy to use and just the right amount of buttons. Seems pretty robust too.

Their bedrooms are often turned into Disco's! In fact DD1 is getting disco lights for Xmas from her auntie smile

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Fri 21-Nov-14 12:28:03

dd has had a pink cd player for a few years now (shes 8), we got it in argos, and its perfect for what she needs, it also has an ipod dock on it, but only for the older versions, although I guess it may be updated now.

she was fine with the pull up lid, I mainly changed the cds or her when she was little anyway.

AdoraBell Fri 21-Nov-14 13:03:23

Definitely old enough. I used To use DD's CD player for Calming música at the end of the day too, around bath time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now